Anywhere in the world is a good place to start your study adventure. There’s good news! The Empowering Change Scholarship at the University of Reading is now open for applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. The Empowering Change Scholarship 2022-2023 at the University of Reading is a partially financed master’s scholarship for international students. This scholarship gives the student with £5,000 in living expenses and £5,000 in tuition fee reduction, for a total scholarship package value of £10,000.
- Australian Museum Postgraduate Award 2022-23
- Latest Yale University Scholarships, USA-2022
- MEL Scholarship Trust Fund, Netherlands-2022
- Queen Elizabeth Latest Scholarships-2022
- Latest Masters & PhD MOFCOM Scholarship, China, 2022
GIIDAE scholarships provide financial support to students pursuing a variety of careers that pursue a wide range of global studies, including food production, security, and health; agro-ecosystem sustainability; climate change, animal welfare and behaviour; poverty alleviation; social development, international development; and consumer behaviour and choice.
Scholarships are available at the Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture, and Economics (GIIDAE), including those offered by the School, the University, and organisations outside of the University. These are offered to help students pursue their studies at Reading.
Reading, Berkshire, England’s University of Reading is a public university. It began as a University of Oxford extension institution, University College, Reading, in 1892. In 1926, the college was granted the authority to offer its own degrees by royal charter from King George V, making it the only university to do so between the two world wars. The university is commonly referred to as a red brick university, owing to its 19th-century origins.
There are four major campuses in Reading. Greenlands is located on the banks of the River Thames in Buckinghamshire, while the campuses on London Road and Whiteknights are located in the town of Reading. It also has a campus in Malaysia’s Iskandar Puteri. Since 2016, the university has been divided into 16 academic schools. The institution’s yearly income for 2016–17 was £275.3 million, with £35.4 million coming from research grants and contracts, and £297.5 million spent.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Reading
- Study in: UK
- Deadline: June 01, 2022
Eligible full-time Masters degree offered by the Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE):
- MSc Agricultural Economics
- MSc Agriculture and Development
- MSc Applied International Development
- MSc Climate Change and Development
- MSc Consumer Behaviour
- MSc Communication for Development
- MSc Development Finance
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Food Economics and Marketing
- MSc Food Security and Development
- MRes Research Agricultural and Food Economics
- MSc Research Agriculture Ecology and Environment.
University of Reading Empowering Change Scholarship provide the recipient with £5,000 to contribute towards living expenses and £5,000 in tuition fees reduction making this scholarship package worth a total of £10,000.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Reading Empowering Change Scholarship
To qualify for University of Reading Empowering Change Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: Students from World Bank member developing countries
- Applicants should be well-rounded students from World Bank member developing countries, who want to create socio-economic change within their countries using what they have learned through their postgraduate studies with GIIDAE.
- To be considered, applicants must have an offer of a place on 1 of the eligible programs (see above).
- Those who have a conditional offer that includes English and are offered a scholarship, must demonstrate the required level of English proficiency within 1 month of being offered the Scholarship, otherwise the scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
How to Apply for University of Reading Empowering Change Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for University of Reading Empowering Change Scholarship:
Applicants have to submit a personal statement based on their previous achievements and aspirations, and explain why they should be given this scholarship. The statement should include the following points:
- An insight into what they have achieved in the past and their goals for the future;
- How this degree will benefit them and their career in the future, including any practical way they think their studies could support their wider community;
- Previous academic achievement, including grades; and
- How their previous professional and volunteer experience qualify them for this award.
- The application should be submitted through the university website given below.
To apply and know more about University of Reading Empowering Change Scholarship, please visit Official Website.