If you are a sportsperson interested in studying in the University of Brighton, United Kingdom on a scholarship, here is the option for you.
In this article, we’ll go over the University of Brighton (UB) Sports Scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in depth. International students can apply for UB Sports Scholarships 2022-2023, which are partially financed scholarships. These scholarships are available to students pursuing undergraduate degrees. These scholarships will include free use of the university’s athletic facilities, financial assistance (up to £1000 per academic year), a performance T-shirt, and access to workshops.
- Latest Yale University Scholarships, USA-2022
- MEL Scholarship Trust Fund, Netherlands-2022
- University of Auckland Scholarships, New Zealand, 2022
- Latest Yangzhou University Scholarships, China, 2022-23
- Latest Scholarship in University of Bologna, Italy, 2022
These are for students who have competed or performed at a national level and have the potential and dedication to perform at a world-class level.
Individual scholarships and their worth are determined by the athlete’s current competition level as well as the number and quality of overall applications received that year. The only level for applying is that you have competed in a regional competition. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding our scholarships or how to apply. You must be a student or have an unconditional or conditional offer from the UB to be eligible for a scholarship. Scholarships are available in a variety of well-known sports, including disability sports.
More About The University of Brighton
The University of Brighton is a public university on the south coast of England with four campuses in Brighton and Eastbourne. Its beginnings can be traced back to 1858, when the Royal Pavilion in Brighton became home to the Brighton School of Art. In 1992, it was granted university status.
The University places a strong emphasis on professional education, with the majority of degrees conferred being recognised by professional organisations or leading to professional credentials. Pharmacy, engineering, ecology, computing, mathematics, architecture, geology, nursing, teaching, sport science, journalism, criminology, and business are just a few of the subjects available. It has approximately 18,000 students and 2,400 employees.
The Brighton School of Art welcomed its first 110 students in 1858, in premises near the Royal Pavilion’s kitchens. It moved to its own building in Grand Parade in 1876, with Prime Minister William Gladstone watching the foundation stone laying ceremony. In 1897, the Municipal School of Science and Technology in Brighton opened its doors to 600 students. At the 1960s, new buildings for what would become the Brighton College of Technology were built in Moulsecoomb. Brighton Polytechnic was formed in 1970 when the School of Art and Brighton College of Technology combined.
East Sussex College of Higher Education was founded in 1976 when Chelsea College of Physical Education (in Eastbourne) amalgamated with Eastbourne and Seaford Colleges of Education. Brighton College of Education (the teacher training college) and Brighton Polytechnic joined in the same year, providing the Polytechnic a Falmer campus.
The Municipal Day Training College on Richmond Terrace, Brighton, first opened its doors in 1909. In 1979, the East Sussex College of Higher Education joined with the polytechnic, resulting in the creation of an Eastbourne campus. That institution began training women and girls in physical education in London in 1898 and relocated to Eastbourne in 1949.
Under the requirements of the Further and Higher Education Act, 1992, the polytechnics were awarded university status, and the Polytechnic became the University of Brighton.
The Sussex and Kent Institute of Nursing and Midwifery joined the University in 1994, bringing an increase in the number of students from Eastbourne. The Brighton and Sussex Medical School, a collaboration between the Universities of Brighton, Sussex, and the Universities Hospitals Trust, opened in 2003 as the first medical school in South East England outside of London. The University of Brighton manages the University Centre Hastings, which opened in 2004.
The Brighton International College, which is part of Kaplan International Colleges, launched on the Moulsecoomb campus in 2011 to provide English language classes and academic preparation for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes to international students.
The Brighton Centre for Contemporary Arts, named after the university, opened in October 2019 as the city’s first new contemporary public arts venue since 1999. Students and the general public can visit Brighton CCA, which hosts public exhibitions, events, and commissioned art.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): University of Brighton
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Area: Sports
- Program Period: One year
- Deadline: Applications are open between January and July for the following academic year.
UB Sports scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Free access to the university sport facilities
- Financial support (up to £1000 for the academic year)
- Performance T-shirt
- Access to workshops (nutrition, fitness training, technique analysis and sports psychology)
- Strength and Conditioning support
- Sport Science support
- Physical Performance testing
- Reduced rate access to physiotherapy support
- Reduced rate access to sport massage treatments
- A mentor to help with lifestyle management
- Access to University of Brighton sports coaches (where available)
- Links to external clubs through our extensive partnership network
Eligibility Criteria for University of Brighton Sports Scholarships
To be eligible for University of Brighton Sports scholarships, applicant must fulfill the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- You should have reached a junior or senior national level of competition or performance and have the potential and dedication to reach world-class performance level (or equivalent) in your sport.
- You should have been accepted on a University of Brighton course or be a current student of the university, or a directly funded course at a partner college.
How to Apply for University of Brighton Sports scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for University of Brighton Sports scholarships:
- Apply for admission in Brighton here.
- After the acceptance Fill the online application with your personal information.
To know more about University of Brighton Sports scholarships, please visit Official Website.