The Foundation in Excellence International UA Freshman Merit Scholarships in the USA for the academic year 2022–2023 have been announced by the University of Alabama (UA) with excitement. It’s now possible to apply.
This grant is open to all qualified overseas students who wish to pursue and enrol in an undergraduate degree at the University of Alabama. To be eligible for this $15,000 scholarship, candidates must have a minimum of 29 ACT/1330 SAT and a 3.00 GPA.
In Tuscaloosa, Alabama, there is a public research institution called the University of Alabama. As the oldest and biggest public university in Alabama and the University of Alabama System, it was founded in 1820. It is ranked 148th among National Universities and offers tools and opportunities that support work-life balance as well as excellent hiring and retaining of teachers and staff.
- LSBU Latest Scholarships, UK 2022-2023
- Silesian University Scholarships, Poland 2022-2023
- Innsbruck University Scholarships, Austria 2022-2023
- Meredith College Scholarships, USA 2022-2023
- Cameron Impact Scholarship, USA 2022-2023
- Tongarewa Scholarship, New Zealand 2022-2023
- USF International Scholarships, USA 2023
Why did you decide to attend University of Alabama?
The University of Alabama aspires to be recognised as the institution of choice for the best and brightest students in Alabama as well as for all students looking for exceptional educational opportunities. It also aspires to develop into a research university that is centred on its students and an academic community that is dedicated to improving the quality of life for all residents of Alabama as well as for people around the world.
More About University of Alabama
In Tuscaloosa, Alabama, there is a public research institution called the University of Alabama (UA). The University of Alabama is the oldest and biggest public university in Alabama as well as the University of Alabama System. It was founded in 1820 and first welcomed students in 1831. It falls under the category of “Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity.”
The university provides courses leading to bachelor’s, master’s, education specialist, and doctorate degrees in 13 academic departments. The UA is home to the sole publicly funded law school in the state. There are also PhD programmes in anthropology, communication and information sciences, metallurgical engineering, music, Romance languages, and social work that are not offered anywhere else in Alabama.
The University of Alabama, one of the earliest public colleges founded in the early 19th century on the southwestern border of the United States, has had a profound cultural impact on the state, region, and country during the past 200 years.
During both the American Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement, the school was a hub of activity. One of the top ten most successful teams in US history is the Crimson Tide, the varsity football team of the University of Alabama, which debuted in 1892.
The university’s present moniker, The Capstone, comes from a 1913 address by then-president George H. Denny, who praised it as the “capstone of the public education system in the state.” 59 Goldwater Scholars, 15 Rhodes Scholars, 16 Truman Scholars, 36 Hollings Scholars, and 16 Boren Scholars are included among the university’s graduates and staff.
- University or Organization: University of Alabama (UA)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $15,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: The applicants must submit their applications by 1st November 2022.
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any undergraduate degree programme of choice offered at the University of Alabama can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have attained 29 ACT or 1330-1350 SAT or 30-36 ACT or 1360-1600 SAT.
- The applicants must have a GPA of 3.00 – 3.49 or above 3.50.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for admission via the university portal. All international students that meet the scholarship eligibility will be considered accordingly.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of passport.
- Relevant visa and immigration documents.
- Official high school transcript.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the international student’s criteria for eligibility to be considered for admission at UA.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL iBT score of 79 and above.
- TOEFL paper-based score of 550 and above.
- TOEFL Essentials score of 8.5 and above.
- IELTS score of 6.0 or above.
- Pearson’s Test English score of 54 or above.
- Duolingo English Test score of 110 or above.
- IB Literature (SL & HL) final grade of 4 or above.
- IB Language & Literature (SL & HL) final grade of 4 or above.
- English Language A or AS Level final grade in the A-E range.
The applicants selected as winners by the University of Alabama will be entitled to receive an award amounting to $15,000 towards the cost of the undergraduate programme undertaken by them.