By applying for the TUMS Full Tuition-Waiver Scholarships at Tehran University, highly skilled students have an excellent way to manage their post-doctoral degree.
For the academic year 2022-2023, the bursary is available. Candidates for post-doctoral fellowships at TUMS can get full tuition waivers as well as a monthly stipend based on their research project and previous degree scores.
- Simon Fraser University Fellowships,Canada-2022
- TUMS Latest Postdoctoral Scholarship, Iran-2022
- RMUTT E-Cube–I Scholarships, Thailand-2022
- Deutsches Museum Scholarships, Germany-2022
- AAUW International Fellowships, USA-2022
Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS), founded in 1851, is Iran’s largest and most prestigious medical university. TUMS is one of Iran’s leading research universities, with a government-ranked research budget of more over 300 billion Rials. Approximately 290 undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree (short-course) programs are available to over 13,000 students (40 percent of them are women). Iran recently surpassed the United States as the country with the fastest pace of scientific and technological advancement.
Why do you want to go to Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) to study medicine? Chemistry, medical, engineering, and physics programmes are particularly well-known at Iranian universities. Many international students visit Iran to study about the region’s culture and history. For state-funded universities, post-secondary entrance is highly competitive. Iran’s arts, architecture, and literature scene is one of the most vibrant and prolific in the world.
More About Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)
Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) is Iran’s largest and most prestigious medical school. Dr. Lankarani, Iran’s Minister of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education, described TUMS as a national leader in research with a significant advantage over its peers in September 2008.
It was formed as part of Dar ol-Fonoon in 1851 and then merged into the University of Tehran in 1934. It is located in Tehran, near to the main University of Tehran campus. In 1986, parliamentary law officially separated it from the University of Tehran, and it became part of the new Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education.
TUMS is one of Iran’s leading research universities, with a government-funded research budget of approximately 300 billion Rials. Over 13,000 students (40 percent of whom are women) are enrolled in 290 undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree (short-course) programmes at the school. The university comprises 11 schools, 16 teaching hospitals, 44 libraries, and 58 periodicals, some of which are published in partnership with academic organisations.
The National Museum of Medical Sciences History is also run by the university. The Accreditation Service for International Colleges and Universities has granted TUMS Premier Status.
TUMS Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)
- Department: Medical Sciences
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Full-Tuition
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Iran
- Deadline: Applications are accepted all year round.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any Post-Doctorate programs at Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Must be an international student.
- Candidates must have high school certificates with a good academic record.
How to Apply
- How to apply: Aspirants have to complete an online application form to apply for the post-doctorate program at the university.
- Supporting Documents: All applicants must have required to submit the following documents with their application: A pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, motivation letter, and CV
- Admission Requirements: The applicants earned a 3.00 – 4.00 minimum cumulative grade point average.
- Language Requirement: To be admitted to TUMS and commence your studies, you must provide a certificate of IELTS with a minimum band score of 5.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL iBT (minimum 69) or TOEFL PBT (minimum 525) at the time of registration. Otherwise, attending Intensive English Language classes might be necessary.
TUMS will provide all students with computer labs, a library, and Wi-Fi Internet access at the dormitories, as well as a partial lunch plan. TUMS provides Type a scholarship winner with:
- free-of-charge registration,
- the free first transport from the airport in Tehran,
- free accommodation,
- free health & sports insurance,
- Free Persian language classes for students interested or required to attend the classes.