Arab students interested in pursuing undergraduate studies at Harvard University in the United States are encouraged to apply for the HAAA Scholarship. To further its goal of increasing the number of Arab students at Harvard, the Harvard Arab Alumni Association (HAAA) established the HAAA Scholarship Fund in 2010, the first of its type at Harvard.
- 2022-2023 | PhD International Graduate Award in Singapore | A*STAR
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships | ICGEB | Italy | India | South Africa | 2022-2023
- The Queensland University Science International Scholarship | Undergraduate / Masters | Australia | 2022-2023
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship | Masters | Netherlands | 2022
- Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award | Masters / PhD | Australia | 2022
Only 118 students from Arab countries studied at Harvard in 2013, accounting for fewer than 2% of the 4,000 international students at Harvard. The goal is to generate $10 million to assist students from the Arab world who are admitted to any of Harvard’s schools but are in financial need.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Harvard University
- Study in: USA
- Program Period: According to the program (Full Time degree program).
The HAAA Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship that can be availed by the Arab countries given in eligible countries list.
Eligibility Criteria for HAAA Scholarship
The HAAA Scholarship recipients will be selected exclusively by the Harvard Committee on General Scholarship based on the following criteria established by the Harvard Arab Alumni Association:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: The student must be a resident or national of an Arab country Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Sudan, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Somalia, Djibouti, Mauritania, Comoros.
- The student must have been accepted by Harvard University to a full-time degree program at any of Harvard University’s schools (e.g., College, Law School, Business School, Kennedy School)
- The student must demonstrate a financial need, as determined by Harvard University’s general scholarship criteria
- Preference will be given to students that have obtained a prior degree (e.g., high school or college) from an educational institution in an Arab country.
How to Apply for The HAAA Scholarship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. Here are some necessary steps to avail The HAAA Scholarship:
- Apply to any school of Harvard University and only AFTER being accepted to Harvard step two will follow
- The financial officer of your school submits your application to the Harvard Committee on General Scholarships who then decides who receives the award. You need not apply to the HAAA.
To know more about The HAAA Scholarship, please visit Official Website.