Pursue your education, Singapore. There’s good news! The application period for the Singapore International Graduate Awards is currently open. In this essay, we’ll go through the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), its perks, and the application process in depth.
International students can apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award 2022-2023, which is a fully financed award. This award is only available for PhD research. The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) covers tuition fees, a $2,000 monthly stipend, a $1,000 one-time settling-in allowance, and a S$1,500 one-time flight award.
Related Awarded Scholarships:
- 2022-2023 | PhD International Graduate Award in Singapore | A*STAR
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships | ICGEB | Italy | India | South Africa | 2022-2023
- The Queensland University Science International Scholarship | Undergraduate / Masters | Australia | 2022-2023
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship | Masters | Netherlands | 2022
- Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award | Masters / PhD | Australia | 2022
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between A*STAR, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Singapore serves as a gateway to some of the region’s fastest-growing economies. With SINGA, you can complete your Ph.D. in Singapore, create global connections, and pursue your research career.
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) carries out mission-driven research to foster scientific discovery and technological innovation. We play a critical role in cultivating and developing talent and leadership for our research institutes, the broader research community, and industry.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): A*STAR
- Study in: Singapore
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science
- Program Period: 4 years
- Deadline: June, 2022 , August 2022 intake
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) covers
- Tuition fees.
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to $2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination.
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000.
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500.
Eligibility Criteria for Singapore International Graduate Award
To be eligible for Singapore International Graduate Award, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results.
- Good skills in written and spoken English.
- Good reports from academic referees.
How to Apply for Singapore International Graduate Award?
Please follow the following instructions to avail Singapore International Graduate Award:
(1) Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in. From here:
- A*STAR Supervisors and Projects
- NTU Supervisors and Projects
- NUS Supervisors and Projects
- SUTD Supervisors and Projects
(2) Prepare the following documents in advance before applying:
- Identification card or Passport.
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format).
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Two recommendation reports minimum (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
(3) Register from here.
(4) Log into your account and press apply to scholarship (choose Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)).
(5) Fill the application form.
- Do not mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- ALL transcripts need to be in English translation.
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results are optional.
- It is recommended to complete the essay questions on a word processor outside of the applicant portal, and to copy and paste the essays to the respective questions when completed.
- Please ensure that you referee rapport are submitted within 7 working days upon submitting the application forum.
To know more about Singapore International Graduate Award, please visit Official Website.