Pursue your studies in the United States. There’s good news! The Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship is currently accepting applications. We will go over the details of this fellowship, its benefits, and the application process step by step in this article.
For international students, the Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is solely available to postdoctoral studies. The cost of a short-term, furnished rental flat, as well as the cost of living for food, local transportation, and other requirements, is factored into the fellowship payments.
- 2022-2023 | PhD International Graduate Award in Singapore | A*STAR
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships | ICGEB | Italy | India | South Africa | 2022-2023
- The Queensland University Science International Scholarship | Undergraduate / Masters | Australia | 2022-2023
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship | Masters | Netherlands | 2022
- Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award | Masters / PhD | Australia | 2022
This programme is a federally funded international exchange programme that allows democracy activists, journalists, civil society leaders, and scholars from around the world to spend five months conducting independent research on democracy in a specific country or region at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) in Washington, D.C.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral / Non-degree
- Institution(s): National Endowment for Democracy
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Area(s): Democratic Studies
- Program Period: 5 months
- Deadline: October 15, 2022
Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Fellowship payments are calculated to cover cost of a short-term, furnished rental apartment, plus “cost of living” for food, local transportation, and other necessities.
- Each fellow receives a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and round-trip travel to and from Washington, D.C., at the beginning and end of the fellowship period.
- Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, plus a limited budget for long-distance phone calls and professional travel within the United States.
- Please note that fellows who wish to bring family members with them to Washington, D.C., will be expected to cover the costs of their dependents’ round-trip travel and stay within the United States.
Eligibility Criteria for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship
To be eligible for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: Demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Propose a project focusing on the political, social, economic, legal or cultural aspects of democratic development
- Be available to work in residence at the International Forum for Democratic Studies in Washington, D.C. during the 5 month fellowship period (October 1-February 28 or March 1-July 31). No other fellowships or jobs may be held at this time.
- Applicants on the practitioner track should:
- Have substantial practical experience working to promote democracy or human rights in their country of origin or interest.
- Be mid-career professionals.
- Applicants on the scholarly track should:
- Possess a doctorate (a Ph.D., or academic equivalent) at the time of application.
- Have a proven record of publications in their field.
- Have developed a detailed research outline for their fellowship project.
- Prior to applicants’ arrival in the United States, fellows who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of the United States must obtain a J-1 exchange visitor visa in order to travel to the United States. Accompanying family members must obtain a J-2 visa.
- Fellowship applicants cannot have participated in a J-1 research scholar program within the 24 months immediately preceding their Reagan-Fascell fellowship.
- Fellows who are sponsored on our J-1 visa are typically required by U.S. law to return to their home country for two years following the completion of their fellowship before they may apply for an H visa, an L visa, or for legal permanent residence.
How to Apply for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship?
Please follow the following steps to avail Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship:
- In order to apply for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship you must first create an account through the online portal. Once you have set up an account, the application process requires you to submit:
- Applicant information.
- Project proposal for the practitioner or the scholarly fellowship track.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Resume/CV and Biography.
- Please submit all application materials in English.
To know more about Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship, please visit Official Website.