Begin your academic study in the Netherlands. There’s good news! Scholarships from the Dutch government are presently open. We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
The Netherlands Government Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully financed master’s and short-course scholarships available to international students. The Orange Knowledge scholarship, which is funded by the Dutch government, offers free living expenses, tuition fees, visas, round-trip travel tickets, and health insurance.
- 2022-2023 | PhD International Graduate Award in Singapore | A*STAR
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships | ICGEB | Italy | India | South Africa | 2022-2023
- The Queensland University Science International Scholarship | Undergraduate / Masters | Australia | 2022-2023
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship | Masters | Netherlands | 2022
- Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award | Masters / PhD | Australia | 2022
This scholarship aims to help people and organisations improve their skill, knowledge, and performance in higher education and vocational education, as well as other areas related to the programme nations’ major issues.
On July 1, 2017, the Netherlands Fellowship Programs (NFP) entered a new phase as a new programme known as the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the driving force behind OKP, which is fully supported.
Netherlands Government Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters / Short Courses
- Institution(s): Various Institutes in Netherlands (Studyfinder)
- Study in: Netherlands
- Program Period: Short courses (duration 2 weeks to 12 months). Master’s programmers (duration 12 – 24 months).
- Round 1: 3 February-23 March 2022 (for courses starting between between 26 July and 21 November 2022)
- Round 2: 12 May-29 June 2022 (for Short Courses starting between 22 November 2021 and 20 February 2022)
- Round 3: 27 September-02 November 2022 (for Short Courses starting on or after 21 February 2022 and ending before 31 August 2022)
Netherlands Government Scholarship Courses
- All courses that are eligible for an Orange Knowledge Programme scholarship for this application round are listed in Studyfinder .
- Please note that there are focus areas for each country, which are taken into consideration when scholarship applications are nominated and assessed. Applications that fall within the focus areas for a specific country are given priority: Country focus document Orange Knowledge Program.
Netherlands Government Scholarship is fully funded.
- Free costs of living
- Free tuition fees
- Free visa
- Free roundtrip travel tickets
- Free Health insurance
- Thesis Research Grant
Eligibility Criteria Netherlands Government Scholarship
To be eligible for Netherlands Government Scholarship, these points should be considered:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship applicant holds the nationality of and is resident and working in one of the countries on the OKP Country list (see the document Country List for Short courses and Masters ).
- The scholarship applicant works for one of the following types of national or local organizations: ministries, secondary or higher vocational or academic education institutions, universities, the private sector, commissions or NGOs.
- The scholarship applicant may not work for: a bilateral or multilateral organization, a non-governmental organization that is internationally active and is focused on representing social interests, such as development cooperation, nature, and environmental protection, health or human rights.
- The scholarship applicant is a professional who, in light of his/her (1) role, (2) multiple years of relevant work experience and (3) networks within a theme relevant to local development, is in a position or through his/her employer could be put in a position to apply what he/she has learned in practice.
- The scholarship applicant holds a valid identity document.
- The scholarship applicant has been admitted to the course or program for which he/she wishes an OKP scholarship.
- The scholarship applicant has provided a government statement with the scholarship application if this is required by the local government (see the document government statement requirement).
- The scholarship applicant demonstrates that the requested co-funding percentage is available to fund the study.
- The employer of the scholarship applicant supports the scholarship application through a positive reference, declares that it will continue to pay the salary of the scholarship recipient during the program and after his/her return will give the scholarship recipient an opportunity to apply what he/she has learned in practice.
How to Apply for Netherlands Government Scholarship?
Please follow the following step by step application procedure to avail Netherlands Government Scholarship:
(1) Find a course or master’s Program that is eligible for the scholarship. You can find the eligible courses in study Program database , specifying in the search criteria: ‘OKP qualified: Yes’.
(2) Contact the Dutch higher education institution that is offering the course for information on:
- The course content.
- The scholarship application deadline (deadlines can differ per Dutch institution).
- The scholarship application and selection procedures.
- The online application form and the required application documents.
(3) Prepare your application and the supporting documents.
(4) Submit your online application via the Dutch institution offering the course.
To know more about Netherlands Government Scholarship, please visit Official Website.