By applying for the International Scholarships at Mississippi University for Women for the academic year 2022-2023, you will have the opportunity to experience an award-winning education and develop professional skills.
- Latest Yale University Scholarships, USA-2022
- MEL Scholarship Trust Fund, Netherlands-2022
- Latest Masters & PhD McDonald Fellowships, 2022
- University of Auckland Scholarships, New Zealand, 2022
- Latest Yangzhou University Scholarships, China, 2022-23
This stipend is for undergraduate students coming from outside the United States to study at Mississippi University for Women. The selected candidates are entitled to receive the tuition fee for the applied programme. The GPA and ACT/SAT results will be used to make the final decision.
Mississippi University for Women, formerly known as the Industrial Institute and College for the Education of White Girls and later the Mississippi State College for Women, is a coeducational public university in Columbus, Mississippi. In Regional Universities South, it is ranked 44th.
Why should you consider Mississippi University for Women as a place to study?
This University offers high-quality undergraduate and graduate education in a variety of liberal arts and professional programmes to both men and women, while retaining its long-standing dedication to women’s academic and leadership development.
More About Mississippi University for Women
Mississippi University for Women (MUW or “The W”) is a public coeducational university located in Columbus, Mississippi. The Mississippi State College for Women was once known as the Industrial Institute and College for the Education of White Girls. Since 1982, men have been accepted to MUW, and they now account for around 20% of the student body.
The W was ranked 15th among public Southern regional colleges and 18th among top public schools by U.S. News & World Report in 2022. In terms of social mobility, the university is in the top ten.
Mississippi University for Women was the first public women’s college in the United States when it opened in 1884. On March 12, 1884, an act of the Mississippi Legislature established the Mississippi Industrial Institute and College for the Education of White Girls (II&C) for the dual aims of providing a liberal arts education for white women and preparing them for employment.
The II&C was housed on the grounds of the Columbus Female Institute, a private college that had been established in 1847. The first session of the II&C began on October 22, 1885, with roughly 250 students enrolled. The board of trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning chose Dr. Richard Watson Jones as the university’s first president. President Jones also taught physics and chemistry at the Institute during his first year, and he was joined by 17 other faculty members.
Dale Thorn described MUW’s successful attempt to avoid merging with another institution and to remain a separate organisation in a 1997 essay in Innovative Higher Education.
President Dr. Claudia Limbert indicated in 2009 that the university’s name could be changed to “Reneau University.” The change was not approved by the Mississippi legislature.
Nora Roberts Miller was named the first alumna president of Mississippi University on February 1, 2019. The State Institutions of Higher Learning board of trustees named her the 15th president on September 15, 2018.
After defeating the University of Maine – Fort Kent in March 2019, the women’s basketball team won the USCAA National Championship.
Mississippi University for Women Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Mississippi University for Women
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Deadline: The application deadline for the fall semester at Mississippi University for Women is 1st May 2022. However, the priority deadline to apply for the scholarship is 1st March 2022 and the final deadline to apply is 1st April 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes taught at the W can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be interested in entering The W in the fall semester.
- The applicants must pr0vided ACT/SAT scores.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply at the Mississippi University for Women via its own application portal. Students will be notified about the award application process by email at the point of admission.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit all high school transcripts, secondary institution transcripts, and leaving certificates.
- Admission Requirements: Students must provide all necessary documentation at the time of application.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 525
- TOEFL CBT – 197
- TOEFL IBT – 71
- IELTS – 5.5
- PTE – 48
The students selected by the Mississippi University for Women will be provided merit awards towards the cost of their undergraduate studies.