Read this post if you want to study in Japan on a scholarship. Because in this post, we’ll go over what the MEXT scholarship 2022-2023 is, what it entails, and how to apply.
MEXT Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded international student scholarship. This scholarship is accessible to students pursuing undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and training studies. The MEXT scholarship will cover tuition, housing, a monthly living allowance, and round-trip flights from your home country to Japan.
- 2022-2023 | PhD International Graduate Award in Singapore | A*STAR
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships | ICGEB | Italy | India | South Africa | 2022-2023
- The Queensland University Science International Scholarship | Undergraduate / Masters | Australia | 2022-2023
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship | Masters | Netherlands | 2022
- Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award | Masters / PhD | Australia | 2022
Under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program, the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) awards scholarships to international students who intend to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate or research (masters / PhD) students.
The MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship application cycle is usually announced in April. However, due to COVID-19, the application announcement has been postponed this year. However, the MEXT Scholarship 2021 has recently been announced in the majority of countries. This scholarship does not require knowledge of Japanese or the IELTS/TOEFL.
This is a scholarship that has been recommended by the Mext embassy. You’ll submit your application to the Japanese embassy in your country. (All embassies’ websites are included below).
MEXT Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training
- Institution(s): Japanese Universities
- Study in: Japan
- Courses Offered: All types of courses offered in all Japanese Universities from Social Science to Engineering, Medical to Health, Arts, Humanities, etc. There are No Academic Fields Restrictions.
- Program Period: Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, PhD: 3-4 Years
- MEXT Scholarship Deadline: Varies from Embassy to Embassy (Click here to check deadlines)
MEXT Scholarship Coverage
MEXT Scholarship 2022 is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan For Free. This scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2021 Rate)
- Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination, Tuition Fee at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
- Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Scholarship 2022
To qualify for MEXT Scholarship 2022, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates)
- For Masters / PhD Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes prospective graduates). Or you must have completed 16 years / 18 years of education.
- For Teacher training students: You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary or teacher training college in your country.
- For Japanese Study Students: Applicants must be from 18 to 30 years old. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools which major in Japanese language or Japanese culture in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan and must be enrolled in the home institution at the time when they return to their home countries.
How to Apply for MEXT Scholarship 2022?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for MEXT Scholarship 2022:
- Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country from here.
- Visit the website of Japanese Embassy of your country. Under the Education / Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT scholarship.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it.
- Submit the required documents (list given below) to Japanese Embassy of your country.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy. Find Sample Written Test with Answers Here.
- After that interviews of the candidates will be conducted.
- The successful candidates will be informed through email or embassy website.
Documents Required for MEXT Scholarship 2022
(1) MEXT Scholarship Application form
(2) The highest degree verified with official stamps.
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree
Note: If the degree is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English is required.
(3) The highest degree Transcript verified with official stamps. (Including Grading system)
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree Transcripts
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree Transcripts
Note: If the diploma is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English or is
(4) Two recommendation letters: The letters of recommendation must be written by the applicant’s teachers/advisors/employers (who are able to evaluate your academic performance and research potential) in either English. (for research students)
(5) Passport Scan (if available at the time of application)
(6) Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students)
(8) Study plan / Statement of purpose. The study plan is written in English. Basic content shall include motivation of application, education/ research Background, and prospective study at APU. (for research students)
(9) English Language Proficiency Document: Those students whose language institute was in English can Submit English Proficiency Certificate from their Home University & they are exempted from Language Test.
(10) Academic thesis or relevant publications (for research students)
(11) Other reference documents (if applicable)
To know more about MEXT Scholarship 2022, please visit Official Website.