Pursue your studies in South Africa. The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship is currently accepting applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its benefits, and the application process step by step in this article. The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2022-2023 is a full-fledged masters’s scholarship available to international students. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) seeks academically gifted but economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the continent’s change via their leadership’s knowledge, attitudes, skills, and values.
- Queensland Univ Scholarships, Australia-2022
- Leiden University Scholarships, Netherland-2022
- Australian Museum Postgraduate Award-2022
- Latest Yale University Scholarships, USA-2022
- Barcelona Latest Masters Scholarship,Spain-2022
Internships and community service are essential components of the programme. The MCFSP provides a full scholarship to students who have been provisionally admitted to study for a postgraduate degree at the University of Pennsylvania. Graduates must return to their home nations and give back to their communities after completing their studies. Applicants must not already hold a master’s degree or equivalent qualification.
The Mastercard Foundation was established by Mastercard in 2006 as an international non-governmental organisation. The foundation, based in Toronto, Canada, has aided projects in 49 countries. Through its Young Africa Works initiative, the Mastercard Foundation turned its focus to Africa in 2018.
The foundation primarily produces programmes aimed at eliminating gender and economic inequality, boosting access to high-quality education, extending chances for decent work, and promoting general economic growth. Bilateral appropriations from post-secondary universities, research institutes, non-governmental organisations, and the business sector, as well as multilateral allocations from organisations like the United Nations Sustainable Development Group, are the primary sources of funding.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Pretoria
- Study in: South Africa
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: Two years
- Deadline: August 31, 2022 / October 31, 2022
- Faculty of Engineering – continuing students are eligible to apply
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Agricultural Economics / Business Management
- Animal Science
- Plant Pathology
- Applied Plant and Soil Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Humanities PolSci (Political Studies)
- PolSci (International Studies)
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Accounting Sciences
- Financial Sciences
- Agribusiness Management
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for Africans. It will cover:
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- Full tuition fees
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- Textbooks and printed material
- VISA costs
- Leadership development opportunities
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Academic advising and counseling support
Eligibility Criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
To qualify for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- You must have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents
- Open to young Africans who are interested in studying at postgraduate levels.
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to avail Mastercard Foundation Scholarship:
(1) You may apply online at www.up.ac.za/apply.
- To use the online Application system, you will need Internet access and an email address that you can access regularly. As soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
- Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form to the following address:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre, Hatfield
Pretoria 0028, South Africa
(2) The application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and you will be informed of the outcome. Postgraduate applicants are required to have their certificate verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please visit www.saqa.org.za
(3) Download application forms for the MCFSP from www.up.ac.za/mcfsp.
Application inquiries can be directed to:
Tel: 012 420 4297
To know more about Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, please visit Official Website.