In Belgium, pursue your studies. There’s good news! The ARES Scholarships Belgium Program is currently accepting applications.
We will go over the ARES Scholarship in detail, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. International students can apply for the ARES Scholarship, which is a fully funded scholarship. ARES Scholarships is available in Belgium for master’s and training studies. ARES Scholarships covers international travel expenses, a monthly living stipend of 1150 €, an arrival allowance, and 700 € in tuition and return fees.
- Australian Museum Postgraduate Award 2022-23
- Latest Yale University Scholarships, USA-2022
- MEL Scholarship Trust Fund, Netherlands-2022
- Queen Elizabeth Latest Scholarships-2022
- Latest Masters & PhD MOFCOM Scholarship, China, 2022
ARES Masters and Training Scholarships are open to international students from developing countries who wish to pursue masters’s degree studies in Belgium. The Academy of Research and Higher Education (ARES) is a public-interest organisation funded by the Federation Wallonie-Bruxelles and established by the decree “Landscape” of November 7, 2013, which brings together 127 higher education institutions. Its job is to guarantee that their activities are all coordinated and to encourage them to form partnerships.
ARES Scholarships for master’s masters and advanced training courses allow you to pursue either a one-year specialized master’s degree programme or a four- to six-month advanced training course at a higher education institution in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium.
ARES Scholarships Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): ARES
- Study in: Belgium
- Program Period:
- 1 Year for Master’s Degree Program.
- 4 to 6 Months for the Internship Program.
- Deadline: January 15 / February, 2022
- Master’s degree in Development, Environment and Societies.
- Master of specialization in human rights.
- Master of specialization in Aquatic Resources Management and Aquaculture.
- Master of specialization in risk and disaster management.
- Specialized Master in Integrated Risk Management in the Global South (IManHR).
- Specialized Master in International and Development Economics.
- Master of Specialization in Transfusion Medicine.
- Specialized Master in Microfinance.
- Master of specialization in integrated production and preservation of natural resources in urban and peri-urban areas.
- Specialized Master in Public Health Methodology.
- Master of Specialization in Public Health Sciences – Research Methods Applied to Global Health.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science and Management in Developing Countries.
- Master of specialization in transport and logistics.
- Internship in control and quality assurance of medicines and health products.
- Research internship for health systems strengthening.
- Internship in geographical information system.
- Internship in valorization of secondary resources for a sustainable construction.
- Methodological internship in support of innovation in family farming.
ARES Masters and Training Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
Amounts for a Master’s Scholarship:
- International travel costs: economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, with a maximum of one round-trip ticket per academic year.
- Living allowance:1150 €/month for a duration of 12 months.
- Indirect mission fees:150 €. This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the grantee.
- Arrival allowance, tuition, and return fees 700 €. This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the grantee.
- Registration fees at the current rate for DGD grantees.
- Insurance fees directly paid by ARES.
- Travel costs that are part of inter-university training reimbursed based on real costs incurred, with receipts provided.
Amounts for a training course grant:
- International travel cost; economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, one round-trip ticket.
- Living allowance; 83 €/day for stays lasting 8 to 17 days; 1400 €/month for stays lasting 18 days to 1 month (set amount); 1400 €/month for stays lasting 1 to 6 months, prorated to the number of days
- Indirect mission fees 150 €. This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the grantee.
- Insurance fees directly paid by ARES.
- Travel expenses in the framework of inter university trainings reimbursed based on the real incurred, with receipts provided.
Eligibility Criteria for ARES Masters Scholarships Belgium
To be eligible for ARES Masters Scholarships Belgium, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English, French
- Eligible Countries:Nationals of Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only for training courses in English), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, the Philippines, the DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, and Vietnam.
- Be a citizen of a developing country. To be eligible, applicants must be residing and working in their country of origin when they apply.
- Be under the age of 40 for degree programs, and under 45 for training courses, at the time the training is scheduled to begin.
- Have earned a diploma comparable to a graduate-level diploma from Belgian university studies. Nevertheless, for certain training courses, different requirements may be requested.
- Possess relevant professional experience in a developing country of at least two years after graduate studies, or of three years after their studies if the applicant has earned a post-grad degree from a university in an industrialized country.
- Have a good mastery of written and spoken French. For training courses held in another language, it is essential to have a proper level in the course’s language, both written and spoken. The applicant must commit to learn French in order to take part in daily life in Belgium.
- Apply for only one training course.
How to Apply for ARES Masters Scholarship Belgium?
Please below important instructions to avail ARES Masters and Internship Scholarships:
- Fill out the application form here.
- It must be carefully completed and sent to ARES (rue Royale 180, 1000 Brussels, Belgium) BY POST or EXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE ONLY, which must have received it by FEBRUARY 2022* at the latest.
- All applicants selected and on reserve status will receive an e-mail when selections are made (June 2022).
To know more about ARES Masters and Training Scholarships Belgium, please visit Official Website.