The NSP Slovak Republic is now accepting applications. We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
The Slovak Republic’s National Scholarship Program 2022-2023 provides fully funded scholarships to international students. These scholarships are for master’s and doctoral studies. The scholarship provides a monthly stipend of up to 734 €.
- A*STAR PhD Graduate Awards, Singapore-2022
- Queensland Univ Scholarships, Australia-2022
- Leiden University Scholarships, Netherland-2022
- Australian Museum Postgraduate Award-2022
- Newcastle University PhD Scholarships, UK-2022
- Latest Yale University Scholarships, USA-2022
International students, PhD students, university lecturers, researchers, and artists are all eligible for scholarships. In 2005, the Slovak Republic’s Government approved the establishment of the Slovak Republic’s National Scholarship Programme to encourage the mobility of students, PhD students, university lecturers, researchers, and artists.
The Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sport of the Slovak Republic funds the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP).
International students, PhD students, university professors, researchers, and artists can apply for scholarship stays at Slovakia’s higher education institutions and research organisations through the Slovak Republic’s National Scholarship Program.
- Level of Study: Masters / PhD
- Institution(s): SR Institutes
- Study in: Slovak Republic
- Program Period: up to 10 months
- Deadline: April, 2022 / October, 2022
National Scholarship Program will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship is intended to cover international scholarship holders’ living costs, i.e. the costs related to staying in Slovakia (food, accommodation, etc.), during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research organisations in Slovakia. The scholarship holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic either his/her host institution, or he/she can handle all the necessities him-/herself.
- Amount of the monthly scholarship
- university student of the second level of higher education 400 €
- PhD student 734 €
Eligibility Criteria for National Scholarship Program of the Slovak Republic
To qualify for National Scholarship Program, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language(s): English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- students who:
- are university students at universities outside Slovakia.
- students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study programme;
- will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility1 to study in Slovakia.Eligible applicants for a scholarship in the framework of the NSP:A).
- PhD students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme2 (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research/artistic stay in Slovakia.
The National Scholarship Programme does not support:
- international students and PhD students accepted for full higher education (bachelor, master, doctoral studies) in Slovakia, or those already studying in Slovakia (full higher education) who would like to fund their studies in Slovakia by the NSP.
- international applicants who within the period of 36 months prior to the application deadline have spent in the territory of the Slovak Republic 12 or more months (in total);
- international applicants who are receiving a scholarship in Slovakia in the framework of other scholarship programmes funded from public resources (e.g. International Visegrad Fund, Erasmus+, CEEPUS, bilateral agreements, etc.)
How to Apply for National Scholarship Program
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for National Scholarship Program:
- Applicants must fill in their online applications and upload all the required attachments in required format to their online application.
- Applicants are allowed to submit (fill in) applications and the required attachments in Slovak or English language only (documents written in other languages must be officially translated into Slovak or English language – translation can be certified by the same institution that issued the respective document).
- In case of documents, that are attached to the application and that are issued by a person other than the applicant (e.g. recommendation letters, confirmations of study, diploma/diploma supplement/state examination certificate, admission/invitation letter) it is necessary to upload the scan of these documents to the online application. The applicant is obliged to keep and archive all originals of documents that he/she has attached to the online application in electronic format, and if requested, to submit these originals (or certified copies of these originals) to the programme administrator.
- Once the application is filled in and all the required documents are attached to the application, the applicant must submit the application by clicking the “SEND” button. It is also necessary to deliver original of the admission/invitation letter to SAIA, n. o., in Bratislava (SAIA, n. o., Sasinkova 10, 812 20 Bratislava 1).
- This document must be delivered at latest on the 3rd working day after the application deadline until 12 p.m. (when determining the working days, legal status in Slovakia is taken into consideration).
- To know more about Required documents click here.