The Global Internship Program for International students are eligible to apply in Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, offers this internship.
The Global Intern Program (GIP) 2022 provides international students with a fully funded internship opportunity. The Global Internship Program includes flights, lodging, a salary, and other benefits.
- Australian Museum Postgraduate Award 2022-23
- Newcastle University PhD Scholarships, UK-2022
- Latest Yale University Scholarships, USA-2022
- Copenhagen University Scholarship, Denmark-2022
- MEL Scholarship Trust Fund, Netherlands-2022
For those of you interested in learning more about the GIST’s unique research environment and opportunities, the Global Internship Program (GIP) provides an excellent opportunity to do so by placing you in a research lab for eight weeks during the summer and providing you with valuable training and mentoring from the lab’s professor.
It will be an opportunity for you to get significant research experience while deciding whether or not pursuing a further degree at GIST is right for you.
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) was established by the South Korean government in 1993 as a research-oriented graduate school with the mission of training highly skilled scientists and researchers, establishing a strong research base for advanced science and technology development, and promoting collaborative foreign and domestic research programmes in industry and academia. According to a news item published in the Korea JoongAng Daily in 2012, “Every class is taught in English, and all master’s and doctoral theses are written in English.
Doctoral students can only earn their degrees if they have published at least one work as the first author in a scientific journal, which encourages them to become research leaders. GIST was also the first Korean university to implement a thesis quality certification [programme] in 2001, attracting interest from both the scientific science and the media.”
GIST College was established at GIST in 2010 to provide Korea’s first liberal arts centred science programme for undergraduate students. Professor Kyung-Deok Roh of GIST College believes that “GIST College is Korea’s sole university dedicated to and practising the liberal arts education philosophy. GIST College, on the other hand, has distinguishing characteristics that set it apart from traditional liberal arts colleges.
It’s because GIST began as a research-oriented graduate school, and as a result, its undergraduate education can draw on and benefit from the research institution’s existing knowledge, infrastructure, and skills. In other words, GIST College can work closely with the graduate school for deeper-level education and research while maintaining liberal arts as the basis of its undergraduate education. This is one of the features that distinguishes GIST College.”
- Institution(s): Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
- Level of Study: Internship
- Location: South Korea
Global Internship Program Focused Areas:
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Environmental Science and Engineering
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Physics and Chemistry
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- School of Integrated Technology
For more information about GIP Research Field: Here.
8-week Laboratory Internship
- Based on your research proposal
- 1-7th week: You should write a short paper and submit
- 8th week: Submit a draft of your research poster for poster session
Your submitted papers and poster will be published in a book and given to you, your home university, and your participating GIST laboratory.
Global Internship Program will provide below benefits to their interns:
- Half of Round-trip Airfare.
- Dormitory Accommodation.
- Korean Language Class.
- Cultural Class.
- Special Lectures.
- Health Insurance.
- Culture Exploration.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for GIP Internship:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- International Undergraduate Seniors or Master’s Degree students.
- A GPA of 3.0 or above.
How to Apply for Global Intern Program Internship?
- Applicant must create an account with your email address from: Here.
- Applicant must complete the application from.
- Applicants should indicate two preferred laboratories in the application form and upload research plan.
- PDF file for Application Guidelines to easily apply: Here.
- Applicant must Apply for a place in the desired program as shown in one of opportunity areas.
- Applicant must agreeing to abide by GIST regulations and Korean law.
- Each individual School/Department has their own process to select interns, and the Section of International Cooperation (SIC) has no ability to influence that process or to alter the decision.
- Applicant must provide the following document for apply:
- Original(Official) Degree Certificates.
- Original(Official) Transcripts; All in English.
- One Letter of Recommendation.
- English Language Proficiency Test Result.
To know more about GIP Internship, please visit official website: