Keep your studies going in Canada. There’s good news! International students are invited to apply for the KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship. We will go over the details of this fellowship, its benefits, and the application process step by step in this article.
International students are eligible to apply for the KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2022. The scholarship includes a $50,000 annual stipend for a maximum of two years, as well as a $4,000 travel research allowance over two years and numerous other benefits.
- 2022-2023 | PhD International Graduate Award in Singapore | A*STAR
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships | ICGEB | Italy | India | South Africa | 2022-2023
- The Queensland University Science International Scholarship | Undergraduate / Masters | Australia | 2022-2023
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship | Masters | Netherlands | 2022
- Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award | Masters / PhD | Australia | 2022
The Killam Scholarship was established in memory of Izaak Walton Killam by his wife, Dorothy Johnston Killam, through her will and gifts made during her lifetime. Their main goal is to help five Canadian universities and the Canada Council for the Arts with advanced education and research.
The Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies awards the UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships every year in most fields of study. Mrs. Killam hoped that people selected for fellowships would “be motivated to support the development of learning or gain distinction in the industry.”
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): University of British Colombia
- Study in: Canada
- Opportunity Focus Areas: For a list of courses offered, please see:
- Program Period: One- two years
- Deadline: November, 2022
KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- An annual stipend of $50,000 for a maximum of two years
- A travel research allowance of $4,000 over two years.
Eligibility Criteria for KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
To be eligible for KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Must not have pursued PhD-level studies at any campus of the University of British Columbia.
- Must have completed all requirements of their PhD no more than 24 months prior to the anticipated fellowship start date.
- Must not currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a university or college. Applicants who currently hold a temporary, term or non-tenure track faculty appointments are eligible to apply.
How to Apply for KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship?
Please follow the steps to avail KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship:
- Make or obtain a copy of your original academic records
- Send them to the home university, and ask your home university to:
- verify that the photocopies are consistent with their records
- attest that the copies are true and stamp them with an official university stamp
- put the attested, stamped photocopies in sealed envelopes endorsed by the Registrar
- Submit the sealed, endorsed envelopes to the Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, attention Killam Postdocs, 6371 Crescent Road, Vancouver BC V6T 1Z2.
- Enquiries about the Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship can be directed to [email protected].
To know more about KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, please visit Official Website