In Switzerland, pursue your research. There’s good news! The IRP Research Grant application period is currently open. We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
International students can apply for the IRP Research Grant 2022-2023, which is a fully funded scholarship. The sole purpose of the IRP Foundations is to promote basic and clinical research linked to spinal cord injury. Each idea that is chosen will be funded for two years, up to a maximum of 150,000 Swiss Francs.
- 2022-2023 | PhD International Graduate Award in Singapore | A*STAR
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships | ICGEB | Italy | India | South Africa | 2022-2023
- The Queensland University Science International Scholarship | Undergraduate / Masters | Australia | 2022-2023
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship | Masters | Netherlands | 2022
- Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award | Masters / PhD | Australia | 2022
The IRP Research Grant is available to international students from all over the world who want to pursue neuroscience research. The sole purpose of the IRP Foundations is to promote basic and clinical research linked to spinal cord injury.
All aspects of CNS and spinal cord lesions, nerve regeneration, trophic neural support, and functional lesion-induced modifications, particularly in animals, may be addressed in research projects. Diagnostics, acute lesion care, including surgery, neurology, urology, rehabilitation, and other paraplegia-linked clinical research activities may be pursued.
The IRP Foundation’s mission is to promote research all around the globe. The IRP Foundation’s activities are not limited to Switzerland. It supports research projects in the fields of neurology and spinal cord regeneration from scientists, clinical research institutes, and laboratories all over the world, with the goal of overcoming the effects of paraplegia and finally curing it.
- Level of Study: Research Grants
- Institution(s): IRP
- Study in: Switzerland
- Opportunity Focus Areas: CNS Regeneration, Neuroprotection and functional restoration with special emphasis to the spinal cord
- Program Period: Each proposal retained will be financed for 2 years
- Deadline: Oct, 2022
IRP Research Grant provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Each proposal retained will be financed for 2 years, to the value up to 150,000 Swiss Francs; the grant doesn`t cover additional overhead costs.
Eligibility Criteria for IRP Research Grant
To be eligible for IRP Research Grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages:
- A very good level of English language proficiency is required.
- Knowledge of French and/or Italian would also be of benefit but is not essential.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Originality of the methodology: To be admissible, all projects submitted must include a clear description of the methods to be adopted (conservative approach or an innovative, creative concept), so that its feasibility can be assessed. The researcher must verify that, based on the planned methodology, his/her approach will deliver answers to the questions posed.
- International reputation: The value and scope of a researcher’s work is measured by the number, quality and relevance of his/her scientific contributions (articles published in specialized journals, or presentations at scientific congresses).
- Clinical interest: Basic research should not be disconnected from reality. The proposed projects must be relevant to the clinical situation caused by lesions of the spinal cord or the brain, and their outcomes must clearly contribute to a better understanding of paraplegia and lesions of the brain.
- Overall evaluation: An assessment of how the project is presented, described and of the motivation behind it: the logic of the planned experiments and the likelihood of obtaining applicable results, a better understanding of the mechanisms underlying lesions of the brain and of the spinal cord, and thus of developing new therapeutic techniques.
How to Apply for IRP Research Grant?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, the following steps are required to avail IRP Research Grant:
- To submit a project, click on the link below, complete all fields regarding personal data, then send the form duly completed, together with your CV, a list of your published work over the last 5 years (no abstracts), and a list of the publications of those applying with you. Kindly send your documents in Word or pdf format.
- Submit the application online.
To know more about IRP Research Grant, please visit Official Website.