The University of the Incarnate Word is dedicated to providing educational opportunities to students from all walks of life, regardless of financial circumstance.
As a result, the International Admissions Scholarships were established to help students in the school year 2022-2023.
- Georgian College Awards, Canada 2022-2023
- Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships-2023
- KPMG Latest Internships, Canada 2023
- Oxford Undergraduate Scholarship, UK 2023
- UAE University Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
- UM Latest Multiple Scholarships, Canada 2023
- KSU Undergraduate Scholarship, USA 2023
For all international undergraduate students, the university is accepting applications for International Admissions Scholarships. Students pursuing their first degree are eligible. The award will be applied to the tuition charge for the chosen programme.
The University of the Incarnate Word, founded in 1881, is a private Catholic university with primary campuses in San Antonio and Alamo Heights, Texas. National Universities ranks the University of the Incarnate Word #263.
Why should you choose the University of the Incarnate Word to further your education?
The University of the Incarnate Word is dedicated to academic excellence in the context of faith in Jesus Christ, the God-Man. Liberal education allows for this. The university promotes holistic development and life-long learning values.
More About University of the Incarnate Word
The University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) is a Catholic private university with campuses in San Antonio and Alamo Heights, Texas. The university’s main campus is located on 154 acres and was founded in 1881 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word (0.6 km2).
Incarnate Word High School, an all-girls high school, and St. Anthony Catholic High School, a co-educational high school, are both operated by the university. Through its Brain Power Connection programme, it also runs two elementary schools, St. Anthony’s and St. Peter Prince of the Apostles.
The Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word created the school after arriving in San Antonio in 1869 to help with a cholera outbreak.
Bishop Claude M. Dubuis had asked Sisters Madeleine Chollet, Pierre Cinquin, and Agnes Buisson to come. The sisters took a stagecoach from Galveston to San Antonio, only to discover that their new home had been destroyed in a fire. Until they moved into their newly built mixed convent and hospital, the sisters were housed by the Ursuline Sisters. The nuns founded the Santa Rosa Infirmary, the city’s first hospital, on December 1.
The nuns continued to care for the sick while also expanding their congregation. They were then called to serve in child care, and in 1874, they founded San Antonio’s first orphanages, St. Joseph’s Orphanage for Girls and St. John’s Orphanage for Boys. The sisters’ childcare work led them to open schools in Texas, Louisiana, Illinois, Missouri, and Mexico.
After making racist and insulting remarks regarding African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, and Mormons at a campus luncheon in August 2016, UIW President Louis Agnese Jr was fired.
Dr. Thomas Evans was named the University of Incarnate Word’s tenth president in June 2017.
A $90,000 statue of President Agnese was unveiled on campus in March 2019 to commemorate his time at Incarnate Word.
Incarnate Word University Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of the Incarnate Word
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Deadline: The Fall application is open, so apply now. The Office of Admissions is reviewing applications, processing documents, and releasing decisions.
Eligibility For Incarnate Word University Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes taught at the University of the Incarnate Word can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The applicants must be degree-seeking first-year undergraduate students at the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must first apply for admission via the university’s application portal. All eligible students will b considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official high school transcript in English
- Copy of passport and any visa you hold for the United States
- Proof of Financial Support
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have graduated from high school and provide adequate proof.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL iBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.5 overall band score
- TOEIC – 650
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced) – C1
- PTE Academic (Pearson’s) – 53
- Duolingo English Test – 105
The University of the Incarnate Word will be awarding the selected students the scholarship towards the cost of their undergraduate studies.