For the academic year 2022-2023, the Istituto Europeo di Design has opened a call for 40 IED Master Scholarships. All overseas student applications are now being accepted.
This IED fellowship has been established by the Istituto Europeo di Design for international students interested in pursuing master’s degree programmes in Design, Fashion, Visual Arts, Communication, and Management in Milan, Barcelona, Florence, Madrid, Rome, Turin, and Como. Students over the age of 18 with a bachelor’s degree or appropriate work experience will be considered for this scholarship, which covers half of the tuition fee.
It is a private design school known as the Istituto Europeo di Design (IED). Its goal is to provide comprehensive academic and practical instruction to young creative pupils. Francesco Morelli founded the school in 1966, and it is divided into four disciplines: design, fashion, visual communication, and management.
- UEBS MBA Diversity Scholarships, UK 2023
- Brunel University London Scholarships 2023
- UniSA MF & MH Scholarships, Australia 2023
- U Southampton Scholarships, UK 2023
- UM Berdie and Irvin Scholarships, Canada 2023
Why should you go to the Istituto Europeo di Design (IED)? IED students have access to higher education and a diverse selection of courses, allowing them to tailor a qualification to their potential and professional interests.
More About Istituto Europeo di Design (IED)
Francesco Morelli created the Istituto Europeo di Design (IED) in 1966 as a private design school in Italy. Design, Fashion, Visual Communication, and Management are the four disciplines that make up the school.
It spans nine cities, including Milan, Turin, Venice, Cagliari, Florence, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid, and So Paulo, as well as thirteen venues totaling over 50,000 square metres. It provides 29 different three-year programmes in English, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese, among other languages. Every year, about 10,000 students enrol in these courses, bringing the total number of students to more than 90,000 over the institute’s forty-year history.
Students can study for a Bachelor of Arts degree at the Istituto Europeo di Design in Italy. The ‘Diploma Accademico di primo Livello, which is officially recognised by the MIUR under the category of High Artistic Training, is awarded to those who successfully complete the three-year course.
In Spain, the institute offers Bachelor of Arts with Honours, Masters and Postgraduates, Continuing Study Programs, Summer Courses, and Executive Programs in Product Design, Fashion Design, Interior Design, and Graphic Design, as well as Continuing Study Programs, Summer Courses, and Executive Programs in Product Design, Fashion Design, Interior Design, and Graphic Design.
A Bachelor of Arts with Honours degree is awarded to students who finish the four-year programme.
The IED in Brazil provides the Universitário Diploma, which can be earned by completing a three-year degree in Fashion, Design, and Visual Arts.
The institute provides a Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Fashion, Visual Arts, Industrial Design, and Project Management in China.
The cinema, television, and new media are all covered in depth in IED courses in Rome. Lara Aragno, Viviana Gravano, Giulio Mazzarini, Emiliano Cappai, Michela Bonafoni, Bonizza Giordani, and many others are notable teachers.
IED has two campuses in Milan, one for IED Moda and the other for IED Design. The IED Turin, which has been in operation since 1989, is located in a residential neighbourhood in the city centre. Every year, over 800 students, both Italian and foreigners, are accommodated in over 2500 square metres of classrooms and labs, as well as a 500 square metre internal garden.
IED Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Istituto Europeo di Design (IED)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: 50% Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: 40
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Italy or Spain.
- Application Deadline: All students applying to IED Italy and Spain must submit their scholarship applications by 7th June 2022 and 31st May 2022, 23:59 CEST, respectively.
Eligibility For IED Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All students from Spain, Italy, and other foreign countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for a master’s in Design, Fashion, Visual Arts, Communication, and Management at the IED Italy or Spain.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be applying to Milan, Barcelona, Florence, Madrid, Rome, Turin, or the Como campus of IED.
- The applicants must be aged over 18 years at the moment of application.
- The applicants residing in Italy can only apply for the scholarship for Master’s courses offered in Spain. In contrast, students residing in Spain can only apply for Master’s Courses offered in Italy.
- The applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification or have a job experience in the relevant field.
How to Apply For IED Scholarship
- How to Apply: Students are required to complete their admission applications online. To apply for the scholarship, students will have to develop a project on the main topic, “Hybrid Innovation,” and fill out the registration form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of Identity Document
- Copy of the bachelor’s degree or other undergraduate qualification
- Copy of the academic transcripts, translated into Italian or English
- CV including a description of the work experience
- Letter of motivation in the language of the chosen course
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a Three-Year Degree or equivalent Diploma or have at least two years of experience in the field of the Master’s course applied for.
- Language Requirement: The students must show proficiency in the language of the course at a minimum level of B2.
IED Scholarship Benefits
The Istituto Europeo di Design will choose 40 international students for this scholarship which will provide them with 50% of the tuition fee coverage.