Pursue your studies in the United States. There’s good news! Fellowships for Helen Hay Whitney are presently open. This article will go through the details of the scholarship, its perks, and the application process in depth.
International students can apply for the Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship, which is a fully supported postdoctoral scholarship. This scholarship covers a total of US$60,000 in financial help per year.
International students interested in pursuing a postdoctoral degree are encouraged to pursue for the Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship for the school year 2021-2022. This scholarship covers a total of US$60,000 in financial help per year.
Related Postdoctoral Research:
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships | ICGEB | Italy | India | South Africa | 2022-2023
- Post Doctoral / PhD | Harvard University Scholarships | USA | Fully Funded |2022-2023
- NATO Defense College Fellowships | Italy | Fully Funded | 2022-2023
- KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship | University of British Colombia | Canada | 2022
- ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program | Europe | 2022
International students open in pursuing postdoctoral studies in the United States might pursue for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships. To reach its ultimate goal of increasing the number of inventive, well-trained, and motivated medical scientists, the Foundation gives appropriate financial support to young individuals engaged in biological or medical research.
The competition for the Helen Hay Whitney fellowship is fierce. Only about 5% of those who apply for us are accepted. Due to the large number of requests submitted, the Foundation is unable to comment on ineffective ideas.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Helen Hay Whitney Foundation
- Study in: United States
- Course Offered: Biomedical Sciences
- Program Period: 3 years
- Deadline: June 15, 2021, 5:00pm EST.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships 2021 provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The Foundation provides funds for travel to the fellowship location at the time of activation of the fellowship for the Fellow and his or her family.
- The Foundation also covers travel expenses incurred for the two-day Annual Fellows Meetings held in November.
- There is a Dependent Child Allowance of $1,500 per annum for each child.
- No payment is made for the transportation of household goods.
Eligibility Criteria for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships
To qualify for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.Note: In case you are a foreign national (including from conflict areas) you must have a local residency status and authorization to work in the country of the fellowship to which you are applying.
- Candidates who hold, or are in the final stages of obtaining a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree and are seeking beginning postdoctoral training in basic biomedical research.
- Candidates who have no more than one year of postdoctoral research experience at the time of the deadline for submitting the application, and who have received a PhD (or D.Phil. or equivalent) degree no more than two years before the deadline, or an M.D. degree no more than three years before the deadline.
- Fellowships may be awarded to foreign citizens for research in laboratories in the US only. and it’s expect that most applicants will reside in North America at the time of application.
- The Foundation will not ordinarily consider applicants who plan tenure of the fellowship in the laboratory in which they have already received extensive predoctoral or postdoctoral training. The aim of the fellowship is to broaden postdoctoral training and experience, and a significant change of venue is advisable.
- Foreign Students will need to obtain appropriate visa documentation, as required by US Immigration.
- Clinical house-staff training does not count as “postdoctoral laboratory training.”.
- Applications from established scientists or advanced fellows will not be considered. The fellowships are for early postdoctoral training only.
- A two-day Annual Meeting of Fellows is held in November of each year, at which each third-year Fellow presents the results of his or her research. This meeting is an important component of the Fellowship Program because of the opportunity it provides the Fellows for scientific interchange and exposure to biomedical fields other than their own. Attendance at the meeting in its entirety is expected as a condition of acceptance of the fellowship.
How to Apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research:
- Read the instructions carefully before attempting to complete the online application submission from here.
- Download the Reference_Letter Template and forward to your four referees, All four completed reference letters should be emailed to ([email protected]), convert the letter to pdf format and name the pdf file according to the instructions on the Reference Letter Template.
- Download form Application Items 1-6. Upon its completion, upload it along with the other requested items.
IMPORTANT: The uploading of the zipped file should be done immediately following the submission of the 2-page application cover (it should NOT be uploaded at a later time or date).
- Complete the application form here.
To know more about Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research website: Official Website