Continue your education in Germany. There’s good news! Scholarship applications for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Program are now being accepted.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. For international students, the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship is a fully financed scholarship. This scholarship is available for master’s and doctoral programs. This scholarship provides students with full scholarships that cover the term of the program.
- UOW Latest IPTA Scholarships, Australia 2023
- Georgian College Awards, Canada 2022-2023
- National Scholarship Program, Slovakia 2023
- PKU Yenching Academy Scholarships, China 2023
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships, UK 2023
- EMJMD Reputed Scholarship 2023
- MEXT Titech University Scholarships, Japan 2023
- Government of Ireland Scholarships 2022-2023
International students can apply for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships to study postgraduate and doctoral studies in Germany during the academic year 2022-2023. The Foundation provides students with full scholarships that cover the term of their program.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation’s scholarship section awards scholarships to international graduates and doctorate students.
More About Heinrich Böll Foundation
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is a legally independent political foundation based in Germany. It was founded in 1997 by the merger of three predecessors and is affiliated with the German Green Party. Heinrich Böll (1917–1985) was the inspiration for the foundation’s name.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is a part of the global Green political movement that emerged in the 1980s. It describes itself as a green visions and projects agency, a policy reform think tank, and an international network. The foundation’s goals are stated in its mission statement as follows:
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is a part of the Green political movement, which has emerged around the world as an alternative to the traditional ideologies of socialism, liberalism, and conservatism. Our guiding principles are ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice. We place a special emphasis on gender democracy, which includes social emancipation and equal rights for men and women. We are also committed to equal rights for cultural and ethnic minorities, as well as to immigrants’ societal and political participation. Finally, we advocate for nonviolent conflict resolution and proactive peace policies.
The Böll family and Bündnis 90/Die Grünen (the German Green Party) have approved the use of the writer Heinrich Böll’s name for the foundation. Böll embodied what the foundation stands for, according to its mission statement: the courage to stand up for one’s beliefs; inspiring people to intervene in public affairs; and unconditional support for human dignity and human rights. Böll encouraged others to become politically active and involved in political matters, stating famously, “Meddling is the only way to stay relevant.”
The Heinrich Böll Foundation also has a scholarship programme for university and PhD students, as well as a research archive focusing on new social movements, Green politics, and a section dedicated to political activist Petra Kelly.
The foundation, based in Berlin, has 30 offices on four continents and branches in each of Germany’s sixteen states. Ralf Fücks and Barbara Unmüßig have led the executive board since 2002; Steffen Heizmann is the current CEO. Barbara Unmüßig was re-elected in November 2016, and Ellen Ueberschär was elected to succeed Ralf Fücks in July 2017.
In 2018, the German government subsidized the foundation’s work with 63 million Euros.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
- Study in: Germany
- Deadline: March 01, 2022 / September 01, 2022
Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The Foundation awards complete scholarships to students which cover the entire duration of the program.
Eligibility Criteria for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship
To qualify for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
The key criteria for the Student scholarship.
1- Very good school or college/university academic record.
2- Social commitment and political interest.
3- Convincing reasons for applying to the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
The key criteria for the Doctoral scholarship.
1- Very good school and university academic record.
2- A convincing research project (expose, innovative line of inquiry, realistic time table preliminary work that has reached an advanced stage).
3- Social commitment and political interest.
4- Convincing arguments for applying to the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
How to Apply for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship?
Please follow the below application instructions to apply for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship:
- Check if you are among the special focus groups in this application round.
- Gather information on the application process and the requested documents.
- Register for the online application portal.
- Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal.
- After uploading all of your documents, submit your application before the end of the application deadline.
Documents to include with your application
- Your personal data and CV.
- Your motivation for are applying to the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
- An outline of your motivation for studying your chosen subject and of your main areas of interest.
- An outline of your social commitments and political interests or PhD thesis project.
- for more about Requirements click here for Doctoral scholarship or here for Student scholarship.
To apply and know more about Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship, please visit Official Website.