Ghent University is offering Overseas PhD Scholarships in Veterinary Medicine for the academic year 2022-2023 to help talented international students in Belgium.
The Ghent University studentship is intended to assist overseas students who have the opportunity to pursue a PhD degree in Belgium by covering some of their study costs.
Ghent University is one of Belgium’s best universities and a top 100 university in the world. Our 11 faculties provide more than 200 courses, as well as in-depth research in a wide range of scientific subjects. Ghent University’s Global Campus is also the first European university in Songdo, South Korea.
- Canon Collins RMTF Awards, South Africa 2022-23
- Birmingham University PhD Awards, UK 2022-23
- Rhodes Global Scholar Awards, UK 2022-23
- KDI-Hyundai Motor Awards, South Korea 2022-23
- Utrecht University Awards, Netherlands 2022-23
What are the benefits of studying at Ghent University?
Students who attend this university can develop new skills and broaden their talents, which they can apply to employment both inside and outside of academia. They will also be expected to perform long-term work while pursuing short-term objectives, requiring exceptional organisational skills.
More About Ghent University
Public research university Ghent University is situated in Ghent, Belgium. When the region was included in the United Kingdom of the Netherlands following the collapse of the First French Empire in 1817, it was established before the state of Belgium itself.
Dutch King William I. Along with Ghent University, he also established University of Liège and State University of Leuven in that same year for the southern provinces.
Following the Belgian Revolution of 1830, Ghent University came under the control of the newly established Belgian state. The first Dutch-speaking university in Belgium was established at UGent in 1930. Previously, the Université de Gand had French as its official language of instruction. It received significant autonomy in 1991 and changed its name from State University of Ghent to its present form.
One of the biggest universities in Belgium, Ghent is situated in Flanders and has 44,000 students and 9,000 staff employees. One of the largest hospitals in Belgium, the Ghent University Hospital, as well as the Ghent University Library are supported by the university.
Ghent University maintains numerous inter-university relationships and programmes both inside and outside of Europe, in addition to satellite campuses located elsewhere in Flanders and a Global Campus in Songdo, South Korea.
Ghent University consistently ranks among the top 100 universities in the world and prides itself on being research-focused and socially conscious. It is one of those projects that the Flemish Research Council funds the most. Additionally, it was one of the top 30 winners of significant research grants from the European Research Council given out as part of the Horizon 2020 (2014–2020) financing programme.
Ghent University Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Ghent University
- Department: Department of Pathobiology, Pharmacology and Special Animals
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Belgium.
- Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through July 31, 2022.
Eligibility For Ghent University Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Students from all nationalities are eligible to apply for this application.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD Position at the Department of Sociology.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You have a Master’s degree in Veterinary Medicine, final year students can also apply.
- You feel like working in a team, in collaboration with your supervisors Prof. Siska Croubels and Prof. Mathias Devreese (Laboratory for Pharmacology and Toxicology), Prof. Gunther Antonissen (Poultry Health Sciences Chair holder), Prof. Jeroen Dewulf (Veterinary Epidemiology Unit) ), practice veterinarians, doctoral students and the laboratory staff.
- You have a problem-solving, organized, critical and result-oriented attitude.
- You have interpersonal skills, empathy, flexibility and a critical mind to function in a multidisciplinary environment.
- You have communication skills such as dealing with poultry farmers and veterinary practice (company visits), conducting substantive discussions, scientific reporting and presenting in both Dutch and English.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this scholarship, the initial step is to apply for affirmation. For taking the affirmation right off, the students are required needs to pick a PhD degree coursework at the university. After being enrolled at the university, claimants can apply for the fund by submitting their application through email to Prof. Dr. Siska Croubels ( [email protected] )
- Supporting Documents: To apply, please send your motivation letter, resume and a copy of the required diploma (except for final year students)
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must check all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: All seekers need to provide valid proof of the required level of Dutch at level B2 for the program.
The position will provide a good salary package to the successful candidates for the academic year 2022/2023.