Continue your education in the United States. There’s good news! The scholarship programme of the Elks National Foundation is now open.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
The Most Valuable Student Scholarships 2022 from the Elks National Foundation is a partially financed undergraduate scholarship for American students. For a four-year degree, this scholarship offers up to $12,500 every year.
The Elks National Foundation has been assisting students in realising their academic goals since 1931. Every year, we award over $3 million in college scholarships to at least 800 deserving high school seniors.
- Queensland Univ Scholarships, Australia-2022
- Latest Yale University Scholarships, USA-2022
- MEL Scholarship Trust Fund, Netherlands-2022
- Latest Undergraduate La Roche University Scholarships, USA, 2022
- University of Auckland Scholarships, New Zealand, 2022
Any high school senior who is a U.S. citizen is eligible to enter the Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student scholarship competition. To advance to the national competition, applicants must first compete at the local, district, and state levels. The top national finalists will be chosen to participate in a Leadership Weekend in Chicago, Illinois. The Elks National Foundation will award 500 distinguished four-year scholarships to the competition’s top applicants.
Each award is designed to cover a substantial portion of a student’s educational costs, such as tuition, living expenses, books, and necessary fees. Individual awards differ depending on the cost of tuition as well as any other grants or scholarships he or she may be eligible for.
Applicants are evaluated on their scholarship and leadership ability for this need-based scholarship. Each year, 500 scholarships are awarded around the country, with award amounts ranging from $4,000 to $50,000 (over four years). Applications must be sent to the Elk Lodge closest to your home address, so do some research on local Elk Lodges before applying.
The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks is an American fraternal organisation that began in 1868 as a social club in New York City.
The Elks began in 1868 as the “Jolly Corks,” a social club for minstrel show performers. It was founded as a private club to circumvent New York City laws governing the hours of operation of public taverns. The Elks adopted Freemasonry’s rites and practises.
The national headquarters of the Elks are located in Chicago at the Elks National Veterans Memorial and Headquarters, which overlooks Lincoln Park and is close to Lake Michigan. This structure was designed as a memorial to the nearly 1,000 Elk brothers who died in World War I. On July 7, 1924, the cornerstone was laid, and the building was officially dedicated on July 14, 1926.
The rotunda features murals and statues depicting the four cardinal virtues of the Elks: charity, justice, brotherly love, and fidelity. The friezes depict “War Triumphs” on one side and “Peace Triumphs” on the other. Large bronze elks flank the entrance.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): American Colleges
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: November 15, 2022
Elks National Foundation Scholarship Program provides the recipient with:
- The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2022 competition.
- Ranging from $1,000 per year to $12,500 per year, Most Valuable Student scholarships are for students pursuing a four-year degree, on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 semester hours), in a U.S. college or university. All scholarships are in the form of certificates of award conditional upon the full-time enrollment of the winner in an accredited U.S. college or university.
- The Chicago office of the Elks National Foundation will announce the 500 national winners in late April, 2022. (Many local Lodges, districts and state Elks associations award their own scholarships through this program. These scholarships are not to be confused with the 500 Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarships.)
Eligibility Criteria for Elks National Foundation Scholarship Program
To qualify for Elks National Foundation Scholarship Program, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants do not need to be related to a member of the Elks.
- High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are submitted; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
How to Apply for Elks National Foundation Scholarship Program?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Elks National Foundation Scholarship: