Begin your academic study in Colombia. There’s good news! Colombia Government Scholarships are now accepting applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship program, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. Colombia Government Scholarship 2022-2023 is a full-fledged scholarship program for international students in Colombia. This scholarship is available for Specialization Degrees, Masters Degrees, and Doctoral Degrees. These scholarships will cover all costs associated with the scholarship, including books, a monthly stipend, and tuition.
- Australian Museum Postgraduate Award 2022-23
- Newcastle University PhD Scholarships, UK-2022
- Latest Yale University Scholarships, USA-2022
- Copenhagen University Scholarship, Denmark-2022
- MEL Scholarship Trust Fund, Netherlands-2022
- Queen Elizabeth Latest Scholarships-2022
- Latest Masters & PhD MOFCOM Scholarship, China, 2022
- Neufert-Foundation Masters Scholarships, Germany, 2022
This scholarship opportunity is open to foreign citizens of all nationalities who wish to pursue a master’s, doctoral, or specialty degree. You will study educational institutes in Colombia. There will be 50 international scholarships available.
More About Colombia
Colombia, officially the Republic of Colombia, is a transcontinental republic that spans South America and a North American insular territory. It is surrounded on the north by the Caribbean Sea, on the east by Venezuela, on the southeast by Brazil, on the south by Ecuador and Peru, on the west by the Pacific Ocean, and on the northwest by Panama.
Colombia is divided into 32 departments and the capital district of Bogotá, the largest city in the country. It has a population of 50 million people and covers an area of 1,141,748 square kilometers (440,831 square miles). Colombia’s diverse cultural heritage reflects influences from various Amerindian civilizations, European settlement, African slaves, and European and Middle Eastern immigration. The official language of the country is Spanish, but it is also spoken in over 70 other languages.
Since at least 12,000 BCE, Colombia has been home to a variety of indigenous peoples, including the Muisca, Quimbaya, and Tairona. The Spanish arrived in La Guajira in 1499 and colonized parts of the region by the mid-16th century, creating the New Kingdom of Granada with Santa Fé de Bogotá as its capital. In 1819, the United Provinces of New Granada declared independence from the Spanish Empire, forming what is today Colombia.
Before declaring the Republic of Colombia in 1886, the new nation experimented with federalism as the Granadine Confederation (1858) and subsequently the United States of Colombia (1863). In 1903, Panama seceded, resulting in Colombia’s current borders. The country has been plagued by asymmetric low-intensity armed conflict and political violence since the 1960s, which worsened in the 1990s. Security, stability, and the rule of law have all improved significantly since 2005, as has exceptional economic growth and progress.
Colombia is one of the seventeen megadiverse countries on the planet, with the second highest degree of biodiversity. It is the only country in South America having coastlines and islands on both the Atlantic and Pacific seas, and its area includes Amazon rainforest, hills, grasslands, and deserts.
Colombia is a member of the United Nations, the World Trade Organization, the OECD, the Organization of American States, the Pacific Alliance, the Andean Community, and is a NATO Global Partner. It has the third-largest economy in South America, with macroeconomic stability and promising long-term growth potential.
Colombia Government Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD, Specialization Degree
- Institution(s): Colombia Educational Institutes
- Study in: Colombia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Any full-time Master, Doctoral or Specialization Degree.
- Program Period: The Duration of the Columbia scholarships will Consists of (12) Months for Specialization, Twenty-four (24) Months to Master and up to Thirty-Six (36) Months for Doctorate Degree.
- Deadline: December 20, 2022
Colombia Government Scholarship Coverage
Colombia Government Scholarships provide the recipient with following benefits:
- Monthly Allowance: Grant of the sum equivalent to 3 Minimum Monthly Legal salaries. $ 2,484,348 Colombian pesos.
- Tuition: 100% coverage of all these costs granted by the Colombian universities (only for academic programs found in the catalog of this call).
- Stipend for books and materials: Grant of $401.321 COP for once, at the beginning of the academic program
- Health Insurance: Wide coverage in medical assistance only in Colombia, during the period of studies.
- Books & Materials: ($ 425,400) for books and materials.
- Installation Costs: Grant of ($ 425,400) for once at the beginning of studies.
Eligibility Criteria For Colombia Government Scholarships
To qualify for Colombia Government Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
Be a citizen Foreign. Not have Colombian nationality. Foreign professionals who do not have dual nationality (Colombian), who are not residing in Colombia.
- Not be over 50 years old.
- Have a professional or bachelor’s degree.
- Have an average of 4.0 out of 5.0 or it’s equivalent in the Colombian scale to apply the call.
- Have admission to at least a graduate program that is in the Catalog of Academic Offer General Call.
- The documents must be sent in physical form to the ICETEX offices in Bogotá. Address: Carrera 3 No 18-32.
- The candidate can submit up to 3 letters of admission.
- No original documents are required.
- It is necessary for foreign candidates to carefully read the call and send to ICETEX only the required documents. Authenticated or notarized copies are accepted.
How to Apply for Colombia Government Scholarships?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Colombia Government Scholarships:
- Eligible candidates may apply for the fully funded scholarships by the Government of Colombia online.
- The candidates must fill up the application form and submit the completed form. Also, applicants must print a copy of the summary of the online form to include in the physical application.
- After filling the online application, the applicant must also submit physical application to Colombian Government. The application includes the following documents:
- Likewise, Academic Letter of Recommendation.
- Letter of Admission from the Colombian university.
- Further, Score regarding Spanish Language Proficiency.
- Academic essay arguing the importance of your studies in Colombia.
- Moreover, Notarized copies of Academic Transcripts.
- Similarly, A copy of Passport.
- Certificate of professional experience.
- Health Certificate.
- Also, Summary of online application to this call.
- The documents should be addressed to ICETEX offices in Bogotá. Address: Carrera 3 No 18-32.
To know more about Colombia Government Scholarships, please visit Colombian Government Scholarship Website in English