The International Academic Excellence Scholarship was developed by (CNU) Chonnam National University for gifted and talented individuals who need financial assistance to pursue higher education. Applications are now being accepted for the academic year 2022–2023.
The award is open to all overseas undergraduate and graduate students. The CNU scholarship award will normally be a partial reduction of school fees, admission fees, and tuition up to 10% to 30% of the actual amount. You are eligible to receive the scholarship benefits for up to eight semesters of study.
In South Korea’s Gwangju and South Jeolla Province is the Chonnam National University (CNU). It was established in 1952 and is currently ranked 738th among all universities worldwide. Truth, creativity, and service are the university’s three guiding principles.
- LSBU Latest Scholarships, UK 2022-2023
- Silesian University Scholarships, Poland 2022-2023
- Innsbruck University Scholarships, Austria 2022-2023
- Meredith College Scholarships, USA 2022-2023
- Cameron Impact Scholarship, USA 2022-2023
- Tongarewa Scholarship, New Zealand 2022-2023
- Dundee University Scholarships, UK 2022-2023
- USF International Scholarships, USA 2023
Why would someone pick to attend Chonnam National University (CNU)?
Chonnam National University seeks to educate future leaders who will be able to contribute to the growth of the country and the rest of the globe and who will have high moral character in addition to having a thorough grasp of their respective disciplines of study.
More About Chonnam National University (CNU)
The South Korean cities of Gwangju and South Jeolla are home to Chonnam National University (CNU). It was established in 1952 to serve as South Korea’s southwest region’s premier national university. A satellite campus was created when Yeosu National University and Chonnam National University amalgamated in March 2006.
In the CWUR rankings of the world’s universities, CNU came in at 10th overall and 420th worldwide. Additionally, according to Reuters’ 2017 ranking of “Asia’s Top 75 Most Innovative Universities,” it ranked first among the nine national flagship universities of Korea. By partnering with 499 universities across 62 nations as of 2019, CNU has also increased its global footprint.
With 16 colleges and 11 graduate schools, CNU presently provides courses in the main academic study fields. It has two main campuses, one in the City of Yeosu and the other in the Metropolitan City of Gwangju. Four university teaching hospitals and two medical campuses are also part of CNU.
There are currently 35,000 students enrolled there, including 2,000 international students from 75 different countries, and more than 1,700 full-time faculty members. Around 600 CNU students study abroad at CNU’s numerous sister institutions each year, while about 500 international exchange students visit CNU each year. There are 4,000 beds available in its complex of residences.
As a university that prioritises research, CNU has more than US$150 million available for that purpose. It stands out particularly in the domains of engineering, biological sciences, computer science, biorobotics, and medical studies.
- University or Organization: Chonnam National University (CNU)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate / Masters
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in South Korea.
- Application Deadline: The application process is ongoing. Students are suggested to apply as soon as possible.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any desired undergraduate or graduate degree programme offered at the Chonnam National University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students accepted under international admissions.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to apply for admission via the university’s designated application portal, JinhakApply. All eligible students will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official graduate certificate
- Completed application forms
- Two confidential letters of recommendation
- An official academic transcripts from every college/university attended
- An original or notarized copy of the degree certificate
- Copy of passport
- Letter of recommendation
- Passport of parents
- Proof of nationality
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalents stipulated by the regulations.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 530
- TOEFL CBT – 197
- TOEFL IBT – 71
- IELTS – 5.5
- CEFR – B2
- TEPS – 600
- NEW TEPS – 326
- TOEIC – 700 or higher
- TOPIC – level 3
The applicants selected by the Chonnam National University will be provided with a 30% reduction on fees on entrance and tuition and up to 10% to 30% reduction in the school fee of the study programme undertaken by them.