Begin your academic journey in the United Kingdom. There’s good news! The Clarendon Scholarship is now open. We will go through the details of this scholarship, its application perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
The Clarendon Scholarship is a fully financed scholarship at the University of Oxford for international students. This scholarship is available for master’s and doctoral programmes. This scholarship covers the entire tuition fee as well as a living allowance of at least £15,009 per year.
- 2022-2023 | PhD International Graduate Award in Singapore | A*STAR
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships | ICGEB | Italy | India | South Africa | 2022-2023
- The Queensland University Science International Scholarship | Undergraduate / Masters | Australia | 2022-2023
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship | Masters | Netherlands | 2022
- Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award | Masters / PhD | Australia | 2022
Clarendon is one of the largest scholarship systems in the country, with roughly 140 new scholarships awarded each year at the University. Clarendon Scholarships are highly coveted, competitive, and well-known.
Oxford’s graduate programmes are of high quality and are smaller than those in many other countries, allowing you to advance quickly in your career. Our graduate research strategy stresses your ability to work independently while being supported by a scholarly community that is second to none. The majority of Clarendon scholars are working together on a DPhil (the title of Oxford for a PhD). Scholarships are available for two-year (MPhil or BPhil) and one-year degrees (MSc, MSt, MBA, or MFE).
Applications are assessed against the following criteria:
- Academic record.
- Aptitude for the proposed course of study.
- Student motivation.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Oxford
- Study in: UK
- Courses Offered: Scholarships are tenable in all subject areas and are open to candidates who apply for a new master’s or DPhil course by the January admissions deadline.
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen course.
- Deadline: January, 2022 (annual)
Clarendon Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- All Clarendon Scholarships cover tuition and college fees in full.
- Scholars on a full-time course receive a generous annual grant for living costs – which will be at least £15,009 for 2022. Scholars on a part-time course will receive a study support grant, to assist with non-fee costs. Scholars on a part-time course will receive a study support grant, to assist with non-fee costs. In 2022, part-time DPhil scholars should expect to receive at least £2,502 and part-time Master’s scholars should expect at least £5,003.
- The scholarships are normally offered for the full period for which you are liable to pay tuition fees to the University, which is usually the same as the length of your course.
Eligibility Criteria for Clarendon Scholarship
To qualify for Clarendon Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- All applicants for graduate study at the University of Oxford are eligible.
- All degree-bearing courses at graduate level are eligible.
- Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Clarendon supports scholars from across the University, with no preference for any particular subject area.
- Candidates applying to start a new master’s or DPhil course at Oxford are eligible. This includes students who are currently studying for a master’s degree at Oxford but who will be re-applying for a DPhil (you would be eligible for funding for the DPhil).
- Applicants who hold deferred offers to start in 2022 are not eligible to be considered for this scholarship.
- Current students who will continue to study for the same degree at Oxford in the next year are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply for Clarendon Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Clarendon Scholarship:
- Apply by the relevant January deadline for your course to be considered for a Clarendon scholarship.
- Your application to your course will be considered by the academics working in your proposed field of study. They will assess the academic quality and suitability of your application.
- The department will make the final decision on your graduate place and will notify you with an outcome. See decision timeline for more details.
- In parallel, academics within your department will determine who to nominate to the division for a Clarendon scholarship based on the selection criteria.
- The process varies between the University’s academic divisions and the Department for Continuing Education, but each meet in February or March to review the departmental scholarship nominations.
- The academic divisions assess the nominations on their academic merit and future potential and the top ranked departmental nominees within the division are shortlisted for Clarendon.
- Once the shortlist is confirmed, the Clarendon Fund Administrator will contact successful applicants and will provide the scholarship offer letter.
- If you are offered (and accept) a Clarendon scholarship, this means your funding is now secure, as long as you meet the conditions of your offer of a place to study at Oxford.
- During April and May, Clarendon Partnership Awards are matched to scholars depending on the award requirements. No further information is required of Clarendon offer holders.
- Once each scholar’s unique funding package is confirmed, they will receive the funding breakdown letter outlining the funding arrangements. Final college placements will also be confirmed alongside partnership awards.
- All successful Clarendon candidates will be contacted via email. The majority of offers are sent out by early April of each year.
- Due to the number of eligible applicants, unsuccessful students will not be contacted. If you have not heard from us by June, please assume that unfortunately you have not been awarded a Clarendon scholarship.
- A few late nominations may take place during the summer period if nominated students withdraw, however this is very rare.
To know more about Clarendon Fund Scholarships, please visit Official Website.