The International PhD Position in Edge Computing and Decentralized Learning at Chalmers University of Technology is now accepting applications.
For the academic year 2022-2023, positions are available. The PhD student position at Chalmers University of Technology is a full-time temporary job with a competitive monthly salary and full social benefits that is limited to four years plus teaching and other departmental responsibilities. The tentative start date is August 2022.
Chalmers Institution of Technology is a Swedish university that focuses on technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, seafaring, and other management-related areas in research and instruction. For its efforts to develop and disseminate information, skills, and solutions that benefit everyone, it is placed 342nd in Best Global Universities.
- Canon Collins RMTF Awards, South Africa 2022-23
- Birmingham University PhD Awards, UK 2022-23
- Rhodes Global Scholar Awards, UK 2022-23
- KDI-Hyundai Motor Awards, South Korea 2022-23
- Utrecht University Awards, Netherlands 2022-23
Why should you go to Chalmers University of Technology to study? University mission is to develop and disseminate information, expertise, and solutions that benefit all people. Chalmers teaches its students to think for themselves and apply engineering principles to solve problems in the future.
More About Chalmers University of Technology
Chalmers Institution of Technology is a Gothenburg-based Swedish university that specialises in technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, maritime, and other management-related fields.
William Chalmers, a director of the Swedish East India Company, donated funds to establish the institution in 1829. He set aside a portion of his income to construct a “industrial school.” Chalmers was a private institution until 1937, when it was purchased by the state.
The school was established as an aktiebolag in 1994, with the Swedish government, faculty, and Student Union in charge. Only three universities in Sweden are named after people: Karolinska Institutet and Linnaeus University.
In addition, the Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked Chalmers 51–75 in the world in the field of electrical and electronic engineering in 2021, the QS World University Rankings ranked Chalmers 79th in the world in the field of engineering and technology, the Times Higher Education World University Rankings ranked Chalmers 68th in the world for engineering and technology, and the U.S. News & World Report Best Global University Ranking ranked Chalmers 84th in the world for engineering and technology.
- University or Organization: Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: Department of Electrical Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until 20 June 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the PhD position in edge computing and decentralized learning.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You should have a strong background in mathematics, information theory, coding theory, or machine learning.
- Applicants must have good grades in the core mathematical courses and a strong interest in pursuing theoretical research, who are independent, curious, and creative, and have the ability to work in an international environment and to present their ideas effectively
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to submit an admission application via the university portal; after that, the application should be marked with Ref 20220216 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and attached as pdf-files.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents at the university:
- Personal letter
- Two references
- Copy of master’s thesis.
- Attested copies and transcripts of completed education, grades, and other certificates, e.g., TOEFL test results
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have obtained a master’s degree corresponding to at least 240 higher education credits, or must be close to completing such a degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must have good English verbal and written communication skills.
The candidates selected will be provided with a salary and full-time temporary employment limited to five years at the Chalmers University of Technology.