There’s good news! The CERN Short Term Internship for students with disabilities is now accepting applications. This post will go over the details of the internship, its perks, and the application process step by step.
CERN Short Term Internship 2022 is a paid opportunity for international students in Switzerland. It is reserved for students with disabilities. The internship will last a minimum of one month and a maximum of six months. A monthly allowance of 1,516 Swiss Francs will be provided by the CERN Summer Internship.
- 2022-2023 | PhD International Graduate Award in Singapore | A*STAR
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships | ICGEB | Italy | India | South Africa | 2022-2023
- The Queensland University Science International Scholarship | Undergraduate / Masters | Australia | 2022-2023
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship | Masters | Netherlands | 2022
- Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award | Masters / PhD | Australia | 2022
Physicists and engineers at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, are studying the universe’s fundamental structure. They study the fundamental elements of matter — fundamental particles that smash at close to the speed of light – using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments. Physicists can learn about how particles interact and get insight into the fundamental principles of existence through this process.
Education is one of CERN’s most important responsibilities. Their experts like sharing their knowledge and skills with students who are dedicated to and enthusiastic about their chosen field.
Are you a technical or scientific student seeking for an internship where you can put your knowledge to use and gain practical experience? For a period of up to 6 months, join them in CERN’s collaborative, knowledge-sharing, and international atmosphere.
While CERN Jobs are open to all qualified candidates, this particular opportunity is reserved for students with disabilities as part of CERN’s commitment to improve inclusiveness and accessibility in the workplace.
CERN Internship for Disable Students Summary
- Institution(s): CERN
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Internship Focused Areas: Fundamental structure of the universe
- Internship Period: The duration of the internship is minimum 1 month and maximum 6 months.
- Internship Deadline: You can apply for a place at any time throughout the year and can indicate your availabilities. Your application will then be reviewed by CERN experts and if successful, you will be contacted by the programme coordinator. Please be aware that we only have a limited number of places for this programme.
CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities will provide a monthly allowance of 1516 Swiss Francs.
You will need to have full insurance cover valid in the Geneva area for medical expenses, work, and private accidents as well as any disability arising from professional and non-professional illness and accidents.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities:
- Required Languages: Good knowledge of English and/or French.
- Eligible Countries: You are residing in France or Switzerland 
- You are a full-time student at undergraduate (post-secondary) or graduate level (doctoral students are not eligible).
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You have full insurance cover valid in the Geneva area for medical expenses, work and private accidents.
- Your main field of study is in applied physics, computing, mathematics, electricity, electronics, mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
- Your work at CERN is an obligatory or recommended part of your studies.
- You will be returning to your educational establishment after completion of your stay at CERN.
: Currently limited to France and Switzerland during the pilot phase of the project.
How to Apply for CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities?
Please follow the following application instructions to win CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities:
- Make sure you have your CV to hand as you start your application. Once submitted you will not be able to upload additional documents or edit your application.
- You can apply for a place at any time throughout the year and can indicate your availabilities. Upon receipt, and typically within 2-3 working days, we will get back to you to acknowledge receipt and clarify any urgent questions you may have around the programme. Please note that if a traineeship agreement is required by your institute, as an international organization CERN will not sign external documents. You will therefore be required to use the CERN traineeship agreement provided on https://cds.cern.ch/record/1994294/files/convention_stage_6mois_en.pdf. Please note that we have a limited number of places for this programme. You are encouraged to contact CERN’s Internship team on [email protected] if you have questions regarding the internship, including for matters of workplace accessibility or special needs
To know more about CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities, please visit Official Website.