Begin your academic study in Brunei Darussalam. There’s good news! Brunei Darussalam’s Government Scholarship is now open.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
International students can apply for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, which is a fully financed scholarship. This scholarship is available to studies pursuing undergraduate and master’s degrees. This scholarship includes a monthly allowance of BND$ 650, housing, and tuition price waiver.
- UOW Latest IPTA Scholarships, Australia 2023
- Georgian College Awards, Canada 2022-2023
- National Scholarship Program, Slovakia 2023
- PKU Yenching Academy Scholarships, China 2023
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships, UK 2023
- Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships-2023
- EMJMD Reputed Scholarship 2023
- MEXT Titech University Scholarships, Japan 2023
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship is open to international students who want to study at Brunei Darussalam Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB), and Politeknik Brunei (PB) for undergraduate and master’s studies. These scholarships are fully sponsored and intended to attract top-notch international students.
Brunei Darussalam’s government is a union government established by Brunei’s constitution, in which the Sultan of Brunei serves as both head of state and head of government (Prime Minister of Brunei). The government is in charge of executive power.
Brunei has a 36-member legislative council that only serves as a consultative body. Since 1962, His Majesty Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah has been the head of state with full executive authority, including emergency powers, under Brunei’s 1959 constitution. The national idea known as “Melayu Islam Beraja” (MIB), or Malay Islamic Monarchy, recognizes the Sultan’s position. Since an uprising in the early 1960s, which was put down by British soldiers from Singapore, the country has been under imaginary martial law.
Brunei’s government is located in Bandar Seri Begawan. Brunei’s Sultan is the country’s head of state and government. Within the framework of the 1959 Constitution, he has unlimited powers and full executive authority. The Sultan is advised by five councils that he appoints and rule over. The Privy Council, Council of Succession, Religious Council, Council of Ministers, and Legislative Council are the five councils.
- Level of Study: Diploma, Undergraduate, Masters
- Study in: Brunei Darussalam
- Courses Offered:
- Program Period: It depends on the program and the university schedule.
- Deadline: February 14, 2022
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the program;
- An economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- A monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00
- A monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00
- An annual book allowance of BND$600.00
- Accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- Baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- Comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
To qualify for The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Required Language: English, Malay or Arabic
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2021.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship.
- A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.
- Upon completion of the program, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect.
How to Apply for The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship:
- You must check the university link of your studying choice attached above
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: [email protected]
- For further enquiries please contact:
- Tel: +673 2261177 ext. 310 / 684
- Fax: + 673 2261250
- E-mail:[email protected]
To know more about The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, please visit Official Website.