With the support of the Study in BIT International Scholarships available for the academic year 2022-2023, Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) is happy to provide international students the chance to pursue their higher education in China.
All non-Chinese students who wish to enrol in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme are eligible to apply for this award. To be eligible for this grant, which is worth the entire study program tuition, applicants must submit an admissions application.
Established in 1940, Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) is a premier co-educational state institution in Beijing, China. In the list of the best global universities, Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) is rated 361st. It is committed to fostering high ideals and reliable scholarship.
- UOW Latest IPTA Scholarships, Australia 2023
- Georgian College Awards, Canada 2022-2023
- National Scholarship Program, Slovakia 2023
- PKU Yenching Academy Scholarships, China 2023
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships, UK 2023
- Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships-2023
- EMJMD Reputed Scholarship 2023
- MEXT Titech University Scholarships, Japan 2023
Why did you decide to attend Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) for your studies?
The goal of Beijing Institute of Technology is to establish itself as a preeminent school with a renowned faculty and a culture of dedication to developing strong academic disciplines and preparing students for the demands of a rapidly evolving business environment. To advance China’s sustainable economic and societal growth, BIT creates creative leaders, management ideas, and practises.
More About Beijing Institute of Technology
Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), a premier coed public institution in China, is situated in Beijing. It was founded in Yan’an, Shaanxi, in 1940. Under the direction of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, it is a significant research university.
BIT is a Class A Double First Class University according to the Chinese Ministry of Education. It is a premier multidisciplinary institution that receives priority financing from the Ministry of Education and the Beijing Municipal Government as a member of the Double First Class University Plan, Project 985, and Project 211.
The WURI Global Top 100 Innovative Universities Ranking of 2021 places BIT between 201 and 300.
The institution’s English name kept the same although its Chinese name was changed from “Institute” to “University” in 1988. During the Eighth Five-Year Plan, the Chinese government selected BIT as one of 14 national essential universities to receive special funding.
The Chinese government approved BIT as one of the top 15 “Project 211” universities in December 1995. One of the first 32 Chinese colleges to formally operate graduate programmes was BIT, which did so in 1996. BIT was chosen as one of the 27 national essential universities for the Ninth Five-Year Plan in the same year. The Chinese Ministry of Education conducted an evaluation in 1999 and rated BIT’s undergraduate programmes as “Excellent.”
BIT was the ninth institution to be accepted into “Project 985” in 2000, which sought to advance the growth and reputation of the Chinese higher education system by establishing top universities in the twenty-first century through prioritised funding from both the national and local governments. BIT was ranked among the top 22 universities in the “21st Century Education Promotion” plan under the Tenth Five-Year Plan in the same year.
The Commission of Science, Technology, and Industry for National Defense oversaw BIT. It has been run by the recently established Ministry of Industry and Information Technology since 2008.
BIT formally established the Excellence League, an association of 10 Chinese institutions with excellent engineering backgrounds, in November 2010 together with 8 additional Project 985 universities.
In addition to maintaining its outstanding research strength in electrical engineering, automation, photonics, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, computer science, and industrial design, BIT has historically been strong in the research of military and national defence technologies, particularly radar, missiles, and armoured combat vehicles.
By the end of 2015, BIT had collaborated with over 200 universities across 58 different nations and had run student exchange programmes with over 40 institutions around the globe, including the Technical University of Munich, Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, University of California, and Australian National University.
BIT Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate / Masters
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China.
- Application Deadline: The application process is ongoing. However, students are required to observe course-specific application deadlines, if any.
- Eligible Countries: All foreign national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any undergraduate or graduate degree programme at the Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be non-Chinese students.
- The applicants must be full-time registered students in partner universities.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to apply through the designated application portal of the institute. All eligible students will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- The Photocopy of Passport (photo page and China visa page)
- The Certified/Notarized Copy of High School Transcripts (Chinese or English version )
- The Certified/Notarized Copy of High School Diploma (Chinese or English version)
- Personal Statement/Study Plan
- BIT Freshmen Scholarship Application Form
- Applications under 18 must upload all materials required in Application Materials for Students under 18
- Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
- Financial Guarantee Letter (The certificate of bank savings)
- Non-criminal Record (Issued by the local police station)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be between 18 and 25. Applicants under 18 should provide a certificate of a guardian who has Beijing residency.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- HSK5 180
- TOEFL 80
- IELTS 5.5
The successfully selected students will be provided a full tuition fee covering scholarships by the Beijing Institute of Technology for the degree programme undertaken them.