This is an excellent chance for you to pursue your postdoctoral research. Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships are now accepting applications. We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its benefits, and the application process step by step in this article.
International students can apply for the Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022-2023, which is a fully supported scholarship. The fellowship is for two years, with a one-year extension option. The Fellowships come with a highly attractive package that includes a stipend, health insurance, and other benefits.
- 2022-2023 | PhD International Graduate Award in Singapore | A*STAR
- Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships | ICGEB | Italy | India | South Africa | 2022-2023
- The Queensland University Science International Scholarship | Undergraduate / Masters | Australia | 2022-2023
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship | Masters | Netherlands | 2022
- Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award | Masters / PhD | Australia | 2022
Following completion, the most successful fellows will be entitled to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programmes as young principal investigators when they return to an ICGEB Member State.
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Fellowship Programmes, named in memory of Prof. Arturo Falaschi, the mind and driving force of the Centre at its inception, include five types of long and short-term PhD and Postdoctoral awards available to scientists who are nationals of ICGEB Member States to perform research in Trieste, New Delhi or Cape Town.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): ICGEB
- Study in: Trieste, Italy / New Delhi, India / Cape Town, South Africa
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Life Sciences
- Program Period: 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension
- Deadline: March 31, 2022, September 30, 2022
Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
- Travel: The fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- ICGEB Trieste: A Housing Service is run through the Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
- ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed prior to arrival.
Eligibility Criteria for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships
To qualify for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences.
- The applicant must have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
How to Apply for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships:
(1) Create an account and start filling the application from here.
(2) You need to provide these documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Proposed research.
- PhD degree certificate
- Personal statement.
- Three (3) referees who can provide a letter of reference on your behalf. At least one of these should be a member of the University or College you attended most recently.
To know more about Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships, please visit Official Website.